Pen and Paper VN PoC: FE12REWRITE

Art threads specific to a single artist.
catgame21234
Regular
Completed: 1
Projects: Looking for a art job; Want some help? Join n we can talk https://discord.gg/fydp3Vj
Tumblr: catgame21234.tumblr.com

Pen and Paper VN PoC: FE12REWRITE

#1 Post by catgame21234 »

This has been a personal project of mine for a whie and it spawned for my love of just writing in character as I was documenting my first playthrough of Fire emblem 11. A remix of FE12. This is a PoC, a proof of concept, of … my ability to just make a VN, honestly. A proof of concept just to show I can do it, to my self, go figure. :)

Click here to to be taken to the hub

I have been intimidated to make a fully fledge VN so I've been testing the waters with something a little less complicated. By taking the fan translation of the script, as well as all the art assets, I have been testing out how to write a proper visual novel by transforming the plot of the 12th fire emblem game into a visual novel. Gameplay outcomes such as character's death are taken into consideration so its a semi interactive / transformative narative. I think ill upload more artwork and images regarding it at another time since this is just an introducratry post (and todays my birthday), but here are some screenshots to give you a taste of what it is from a glance.
These are screenshots of parts both from bits uploaded to parts still in development.

*art is WIP
*art is WIP

I'm really trying to go above and beyond by really remixing the story to become something new and different all while working within the mainframe of the lore established by the FE universe already. I got a lot planned for this.

Every facial edit is done by me, for in the base game everyone is just a dead-eyed fishpan. Later on ill upload all the covers I've done just far. I feel myself being a lot better at writing the later on I go into this. When I'm finished I'm defiantly going to be taking my art skills and making a product that's completely original.
All the base art assets are taken from the game in question (with some acceptions).

Coming to this website in the first place shows that I can make a story like this I hope one day these skills one day will help me make a VN.

Right now near 90% of the prologue has been made ready for publication, and I'm looking forward in posting the rest which you can check out in the link above.

I'll be making another post perhaps in the next month, as I reflect on the older chapters and what I could have done differently. It helps me with the learning process.

or ill post earlyer–– responding to any of your comments. Let me know what you think!! :mrgreen:
Oy! Just call me Catti.
An inspiring developer but mostly artist. You can see my artwork here. Want to get ahold of me? Click here so we can talk fast on discord.

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: Pen and Paper VN PoC: FE12REWRITE

#2 Post by isobellesophia »

Wow! Looks very good! Good job!

Keep working on it though, I would like to see the completed product of that 😊
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.