~ Temteno's Art Thread {Feedback appreciated} ~

Art threads specific to a single artist.
CatPalismia
Regular
Discord: temteno#2499

~ Temteno's Art Thread {Feedback appreciated} ~

#1 Post by CatPalismia »

~ Hello and welcome to my art thread ~
I post art actively in my Instagram and rarely to other social medias, but I have hard time to just go and ask people critique my art. I hope that this thread could keep track of my development as an artist and be an art journal to look back on. Brutally honest feedback is appreciated :D

--------------------------

My recent art project was to make in "fashion magazine" style character sheets. I had lots of fun with this, but it also worked as a learning project to use more references.

Edit: Changed the image host to Imgur.
Last edited by CatPalismia on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

Re: - CatPalismia's Art Thread {Critiques wished} -

#2 Post by SinaAzad »

I love the choice of colour you have made on the Cherry, splendid!
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

I agree with SinaAzad, you have a great sense of color! And the magazine style pages are really cool. (:

The one criticism I have is that I dislike the image hosting site that you're using, since it forces me to view ads before viewing the image if I want to see it full size. Maybe try an alternative image hosting site? I like Imgur a lot but I think that some people have had issues using it on this forum.

CatPalismia
Regular

#4 Post by CatPalismia »

SinaAzad wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:47 pm I love the choice of colour you have made on the Cherry, splendid!
Thank you! I'm happy (and surprised) to hear you like it. I struggle a lot with the color schemes, so good to know that you like it :D
Zelan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:49 pm I agree with SinaAzad, you have a great sense of color! And the magazine style pages are really cool. (:

The one criticism I have is that I dislike the image hosting site that you're using, since it forces me to view ads before viewing the image if I want to see it full size. Maybe try an alternative image hosting site? I like Imgur a lot but I think that some people have had issues using it on this forum.
I'm glad to hear that the color choices are liked! I also found the idea of the magazine pages really intriguing as I have seen others do that too :D
And I'm sorry to hear about the image hosting site, I will change it in my next post (I had no idea it makes people watch ads). I have few alternatives on mind, thanks for the feedback and suggestion.

CatPalismia
Regular

#5 Post by CatPalismia »

As I'm a Vocaloid listener, I had to draw something for Miku Hatsune's birthday a week ago. To think that the most well-known Vocaloid is already 12 years old - I start to feel nostalgic!
Mitchie M's newest song "Fallen Angels of the Ring" had me hooked from the first listening. I love the art and designs made by manbou_ane so I couldn't pass this opportunity to draw Miku from that song.
I watched a lot of video lessons about colors and use of dramatic lighting. It is definitely way more messier than my art before, but I was happy of the change. I tried also practice foreshortening, but it didn't succeed as I had thought out.
I had lots of fun with this though!

I made also a one full body sketch last week. It is a fan character from the comic Stand Still. Stay Silent. I'm not really serious about any of my fan characters though - I like to just make designs!
The colors are very muted for some reason.
Attachments
Angel Miku
Angel Miku
Fan character design idea
Fan character design idea

CatPalismia
Regular

#6 Post by CatPalismia »

It has been almost full three months since I posted here last time. In that time I've had time to test new techniques and get better with older ones.

First two attachments are my tries to do "old-looking" art. They were worth of the trying and I like the effect.
Three last attachments (last two are, again, fanart of the comic "Stand Still. Stay Silent") are done in the same style that I did my last post's Miku drawing. I think I've gotten better with the more painterly style AND especially with the backgrounds. In that sense I've succeeded in what I was going for with that style - getting more confident with my colors and backgrounds.

I'm not sure what the future will hold in but one thing is sure: more fanart and backgrounds :D
Attachments
MoonshyHalloween.png
Wowgayswow.png
BladedemonrE.png
SSSSart.png
OnniOverPaintFilter.png

CatPalismia
Regular

#7 Post by CatPalismia »

It has been many months since I posted here last time. I haven't done much individual art pieces though since my VN art and comic are taking most of my free time.
However, I have practiced making character designs and drew my D&D character.

CatPalismia
Regular

Re: - CatPalismia's Art Thread {Feedback requested} -

#8 Post by CatPalismia »

It has been quite may months since I've posted here anything. To be fair, I haven't done lots of noteworthy stuff besides the ones for the games I'm working on.

I revised my D&D character's design since the old one wasn't up to date. I got to also draw my friend's lovely characters for her birthday gift (and on the side practice rendering and digital painting after a long time).
I think my art has seen some development - especially the digital paintings. Who knows what future holds for me :D

CatPalismia
Regular

Re: ~ CatPalismia's Art Thread {Feedback appreciated} ~

#9 Post by CatPalismia »

It has been some time since I've posted anything here. Nothing much has happened besides me trying to practice drawing detailed clothing and more rendering. I've also noticed that I draw faces too long (as can be seen in few drawings below) so I try to practice face's anatomy.

Warning: The second image has some blood in it.