Anh's Sketchbook ❤ [Critique Welcome]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
anh0814
Tumblr: https://anh0814.tumblr.com/

Anh's Sketchbook ❤ [Critique Welcome]

#1 Post by anh0814 »

Hi!

I've been practicing with GUI design, and though it would be fun to share my progress with you all. :lol:

This theme is called MINI, where I focus on a clean and minimal design.

I'm finishing these up to create a full UI for a game, there is still the Main Menu I haven't worked on yet!

Also, I want to try coding them into RenPy later. But that's another story!

Take care,
Anh

Credits
Background by Noraneko Games
Sprite by Anise-star
Attachments
MINI_YesNo.png
I added 3 different skin colors for the hand. Vanilla, Cinnamon and Chocolate!
I added 3 different skin colors for the hand. Vanilla, Cinnamon and Chocolate!
MINI_Settings.png
MINI_Save&Load.png
MINI_Main.png

anh0814

Re: Anh's Sketchbook ❤ [Critique Welcome]

#2 Post by anh0814 »

I made my first batch of backgrounds today!

I never though I can do this before and I'm super happy that I can make background variations of Morning, Afternoon and Night! :lol:
Attachments
Classroom Night
Classroom Night
Classroom Morning
Classroom Morning
Classroom Afternoon
Classroom Afternoon

eiramired

#3 Post by eiramired »

Just popping in to say I really love your backgrounds! The light rays really add to the overall atmosphere, and I especially love how the light bounces off the desks in the morning one :D

My only critique would be that the lines are a little thick, though that's mainly a preference thing. If you're going for a more realistic look, I'd make the lines thinner or change their color, but the current style is also great!

anh0814

#4 Post by anh0814 »

eiramired wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:29 pm Just popping in to say I really love your backgrounds! The light rays really add to the overall atmosphere, and I especially love how the light bounces off the desks in the morning one :D
Wa! Thank you so much! :lol: I really appreciate your compliment and thoughts.

I struggled with the line art a lot actually ha ha. I also prefer a more faded, "realistic" look! I keep tweaking the thick and thin lines; when they are too thin, everything seems a little too blurred, while when I make them bolder, they stand out too much. In the end, I though: "just let it go!" That's why I posted them here to stop myself from more tweaking.

A while back, I have come up with another version that's more to my personal liking. If you're interested, I'd love to hear what you think. :oops:
Attachments
Classroom Morning ver.2
Classroom Morning ver.2

eiramired

#5 Post by eiramired »

I really like this version; it's definitely my favorite! The thinner lines make the scene more realistic, but more than that they also allow the lighting to stand out more. The whole room has this very soft warm glow to it, which is really nice! It honestly feels a bit more like evening, or just before evening, than it does morning because of the warmth of the colors :D