Yuuki's Art Journey

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Contact:

Yuuki's Art Journey

#1 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:17 pm

This is the almost complete sprite I'm making...
usually I make it without color, even if using it, I can't color it
please critic my drawing please? and the coloring too...
also my hand shaking when I use the mouse, so some lines are bit yah...well you know.., I make it in a hurry so not really clean and I don't know...really don't know how to color just using my feeling~~ xD

Update 2018 :

Image

Edited :
5 years, almost 5 years passed!!
Decide to put some of my other drawings in front of here for comparison! I hope LSF will stay and after 5 years I'll make more improvement so I can post it here again! Thanks a lot for the advice and critique I got from here, they help me to grow as an artist :D
Attachments
Ha.jpg
I think I draw this in July 2014
Whoop.jpg
2014 something? - Give me some Lemur!! I like their stripes!
test.jpg
15-03-2015 - Doodling Eren for my friend birthday
rosa faces.jpg
rosa faced.jpg
Last edited by YuukiCrossPudding on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
Tsubaki-VNovels
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:12 pm
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#2 Post by Tsubaki-VNovels » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:50 pm

The anatomy is really good, the shading is nice, and expressions are... expressive.
The only criticism I have is that maybe the wrinkles could be a bit more subtle.
Current Project: Immortal Beloved
Writing: 70%
Sprites: 10% (finally found an artist)
BGs: 5%
CGs: 5%
Music: 80%

User avatar
Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1685
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:31 am
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#3 Post by Sapphi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:53 pm

I think you're off to a good start.
One thing I would suggest is that she needs more contrast. I can see when I look closely that you shaded everything, but it's hard to tell at first glance. Darken up them shadows! >O< (some shading underneath her chest would also be nice, and help the image not to look so flat) I would also suggest to shade the "chunks" of hair that you drew rather than coloring "waves" of shadow through the hair without paying attention to the lines (I hope you understand this sentence because I have no idea how to explain through text lol). It doesn't look bad the way it is now, though, and if you like it that way, it's fine, but it might look better with more specific shading.

Also, this is just my personal preference, but I like subtle "blush" on sprites rather than the manga "/////" blush lines. I think if you're coloring everything with a soft CG style, the ////// stands out too much (especially when it's going off her face a bit) and is better used for comedic scenes or something like that.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Image

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#4 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 am

Sapphi wrote:I think you're off to a good start.
One thing I would suggest is that she needs more contrast. I can see when I look closely that you shaded everything, but it's hard to tell at first glance. Darken up them shadows! >O< (some shading underneath her chest would also be nice, and help the image not to look so flat) I would also suggest to shade the "chunks" of hair that you drew rather than coloring "waves" of shadow through the hair without paying attention to the lines (I hope you understand this sentence because I have no idea how to explain through text lol). It doesn't look bad the way it is now, though, and if you like it that way, it's fine, but it might look better with more specific shading.

Also, this is just my personal preference, but I like subtle "blush" on sprites rather than the manga "/////" blush lines. I think if you're coloring everything with a soft CG style, the ////// stands out too much (especially when it's going off her face a bit) and is better used for comedic scenes or something like that.
Thanks~~
I'll try your advices...
:)

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#5 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:34 am

Another one... I'm trying to make this after that one..
and I realized it's already late so I go to sleep and forgot to upload it :P
Well critics again please....
Attachments
kimi faced.png

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#6 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:30 am

I've tried to make these logo or something for the game title
well I'm making a VN story right now and I have free time
so I make this.... critics please..
Attachments
blue rose logo 3.jpg
blue rose logo 2.jpg
blue rose logo.jpg

User avatar
Sakura02
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:49 pm
Projects: Ecchie Sketchy
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#7 Post by Sakura02 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:04 am

Wow that's really good for your first computer picture (You don't wanna see what my first picture was like). The picture lacks some shading but honestly if that's the style u want. I don't it's important In fact because the anatomy is really good the picture stands out pretty well on it's own. Below is attached my critique of your first couple of sprites :D Forgive for scrawling all over your drawing, if you hate it let me know so I don't do it again. Overall I like the characters. :) Keep at it.
Attachments
help5.jpg
Some Critiques for you :)

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#8 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Sakura02 wrote:Wow that's really good for your first computer picture (You don't wanna see what my first picture was like). The picture lacks some shading but honestly if that's the style u want. I don't it's important In fact because the anatomy is really good the picture stands out pretty well on it's own. Below is attached my critique of your first couple of sprites :D Forgive for scrawling all over your drawing, if you hate it let me know so I don't do it again. Overall I like the characters. :) Keep at it.
Kyaaa!!!!Love you sooo much! :3
lolz! xD
I'm getting pumped up..
That's just what I need!
I'll try my best!

User avatar
Chizurinomi
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:58 am
Projects: The Assignment (GxB)
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#9 Post by Chizurinomi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 pm

its looks really good, did you use tablet?

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#10 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:28 am

Chizurinomi wrote:its looks really good, did you use tablet?
Who? me or sakura02?
lol
If me, I didn't use a tablet for that, but finally just yesterday I bought one,
I hope the tablet will make the drawing easier...

User avatar
Chizurinomi
Regular
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:58 am
Projects: The Assignment (GxB)
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#11 Post by Chizurinomi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:49 pm

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:
Chizurinomi wrote:its looks really good, did you use tablet?
Who? me or sakura02?
lol
If me, I didn't use a tablet for that, but finally just yesterday I bought one,
I hope the tablet will make the drawing easier...
You ^-^ Congrats on buying tablet. Which one did you buy?

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#12 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:37 am

Chizurinomi wrote:
YuukiCrossPudding wrote:
Chizurinomi wrote:its looks really good, did you use tablet?
Who? me or sakura02?
lol
If me, I didn't use a tablet for that, but finally just yesterday I bought one,
I hope the tablet will make the drawing easier...
You ^-^ Congrats on buying tablet. Which one did you buy?
Well I don't know what type it is, but the box write hanvon graphic pal 0806

User avatar
pkt
Veteran
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:09 pm
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#13 Post by pkt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:25 am

Congrats Yuuki.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

User avatar
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#14 Post by YuukiCrossPudding » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:10 am

pkt wrote:Congrats Yuuki.
Thank you! (^_^)

User avatar
Sakura02
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:49 pm
Projects: Ecchie Sketchy
Contact:

Re: First complete drawing on comp. critic please...

#15 Post by Sakura02 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:44 am

8) Yeah congrats :D don't forget to post some of your tablet pictures. :) if you can.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users