Yuuki's Art Journey [Feedback Appreciated!]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: Yuuki's Art Journey

#106 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Experimenting with traditional art! So far I'm in love with watercolors and it's pretty fun <3
It's relaxing so I use bit of my free time to practice drawing with it
I think I'll try to make some experimental sprites using watercolor~

For this one the background is made via digital art

I want to scan a better picture of the tiger one but sadly before I can finish it my dad spilled water onto it :cry:

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#107 Post by King-sama »

The picture of the tiger is nice, I like the painterly look. Actually, in my opinion taking pictures of a traditional drawing is better than scanning it; scanners usually kills the colors, but camera makes it clearer (: (maybe that's why your father splitted water on it lol jk)

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?

#108 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

King-sama wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:18 am The picture of the tiger is nice, I like the painterly look. Actually, in my opinion taking pictures of a traditional drawing is better than scanning it; scanners usually kills the colors, but camera makes it clearer (: (maybe that's why your father splitted water on it lol jk)
Aah that's why the color isn't as vibrant, I thought it's the scanner fault somehow or I scanned it the wrong way, I'll try to take them with my camera from now on!
Thank you for the tips! ♡

Lol maybe, my dad felt bad so he awkwardly try to wipe the paper and said it can be fixed x"D thankfully I took this pic when it's still in progress so I can have some samples to compare with my next watercolor drawing later

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#109 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

So I went into the nostalgia lane and saw my old art
*criesinamushroomcorner* Improvement is real but gosh idk why I can proudly post those old arts of mine :oops:

the site I used to post my images apparently has taken down my account :cry: dunno what's the reason but it made all my posts have broken image links *huff*

posted some of this already for CC assets, but I want to post it here again to record my improvement over the years
Male_Sprite_3test.png
testsprite.png
some doodles and attempts at making icons
llamaa.png
onehouronelifebaby.gif
onehouronelifebaby.gif (1.37 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
sprite made for an ongoing project that I dropped out due to personal issues :"(
melodysprite.png

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#110 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Quick art update! It's a commission piece of someone OC
Do you think this style is good? I do wonder if my art is different from before though, is it actually improving or not?
2 (3).png

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Another art update, going to try making my color style a bit more-- simple? Not sure how it'll goes
hopefully this wip will turns out well-- will post the sprites for cc assets when it's done!
wip sprites.jpg
Edit : Added a quick sketch of a drawing I made long time ago
Attachments
ArtRemakeComparison.jpg

SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

#112 Post by SinaAzad »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:10 am Quick art update! It's a commission piece of someone OC
Do you think this style is good? I do wonder if my art is different from before though, is it actually improving or not?

2 (3).png
IMHO this is the best drawing you have posted since you started this topic, and Kinda reminds me of "Kyoto Animation" studio works mainly the way you have drawn the eyes!
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#113 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

SinaAzad wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:48 pm
YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:10 am Quick art update! It's a commission piece of someone OC

2 (3).png
IMHO this is the best drawing you have posted since you started this topic, and Kinda reminds me of "Kyoto Animation" studio works mainly the way you have drawn the eyes!
Thanks! That means a lot to me (because it means that I do have improvements throughout the years).
Is that so? I didn't see the similarities but I'm a big fan of Kyoto Animation ♡

Also I have posted this on cc assets but still throwing this in again for documentation of my art progress

And some watercolor arts that I made last year!
1531579808271.jpg

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#114 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

I'm trying to do something different recently, by simplifying my colouring style. Hopefully, it will improve my art!
otter.jpg

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#115 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Quick update for my recent WIP artwork! Some of the drawings are for practice and some are for commissions
BETH.jpg
Kitsu.jpg
Hotsu2.jpg

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#116 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Some recent sprite artwork I made!
A (3).jpg
A (4).jpg
A (5).jpg
I do hope there's some improvement, been trying to polish my coloring skills at the moment :D