ʘ_ʘ Put A Sock In It! [Comedy/Fun-tasy/Tragedy?]

A forum for the posting of official and unofficial EVN walkthroughs. Each thread must start with a walkthrough - requests will be deleted.
LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

ʘ_ʘ Put A Sock In It! [Comedy/Fun-tasy/Tragedy?]

#1 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

Grab it on the Put A Sock In It! Game Page!

While Put A Sock In It! is comical and silly on the surface, it has some depth hidden in the lessons (if you have the patience to uncover it). As one reviewer put it:

Given that at this point there are only about a dozen people I have heard of actually finishing the game all the way through, I decided to have mercy on you guys. This is what that mercy looks like...

How The Game Works:
Serena is trapped in a stairwell, so to pass the time she begins playing with some sock puppets she just made. There are two sets of puppet characters - Princess & Ghost on one hand and Stable Boy & Wizard on the other - each puppet on one hand can be paired with either on the other. That makes a total of four pairings, every one with a different relationship between the characters, and for each pair you control one of the character's reactions to the other. To play through a plot thread between two puppets, you will have to make three selections to direct the course of the story, at the end of which the characters will either have learned something or not. After completing a plot thread, you have the option to continue playing with the current puppets to take their story down another route, or select a different pair.

Altogether, there are about 90 unique plot threads (different directions the stories can branch into), some more interesting and significant than others. Of those, 30 will have a greater lesson that the characters will learn - to complete the game, you will have to learn all 30 lessons. Here is how you can do that...

Learning The Lessons:
Highlight the following text and follow the option selection instructions for each lesson - the numbers represent which option to select in order, whether Top (1), Middle (2), or Bottom (3). For example, to learn the first lesson for Ghost & Stable Boy, you will have to select 1-3-1: Your Past (1) - Countess Astley (3) - Let's Be Friends (1):
Ghost & Stable Boy: 1-3-1, 3-1-2, 2-3-1, 1-2-2, 2-2-2, 1-1-3, 1-2-3

Princess & Wizard: 1-1-1, 1-2-1, 1-1-2, 2-3-2, 1-1-3, 2-2-3, 3-2-3

Princess & Stable Boy: 2-1-1, 2-2-1, 2-3-1, 1-2-2, 2-3-2, 1-2-3, 1-3-2, 1-1-2

Ghost & Wizard: 2-1-1, 2-2-1, 3-3-1, 2-1-2, 2-3-2, 2-1-3, 1-2-3, 1-1-3
Note: There is quite a bit of humor to the plot threads where you don't learn a lesson, as well. Those may be worth it to check out too, depending on your patience level.

Have fun playing the game through, and let me know what you think on the Put A Sock In It! Game Page. I appreciate receiving feedback. :)
ImageImageImageImage