Taking Requests for Background Photos

Assets originally posted in the creative commons forum that are not actually CC or Public Domain. Use at your own risk.
SidVanHalen

Re: Taking Requests for Background Photos

#16 Post by SidVanHalen »

well, If you have uploading issues, why don't you club things under heads, eg University, City streets, etc and upload the whole collection somewhere.
Hi, I am new here, so be patient with me okay :)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#17 Post by Samu-kun »

I just moved into my new home. The internet here isn't that great, but it's a lot better than what I had at the university dorms. Hopefully I'll be able to get the photographs uploaded tomorrow... I have nearly 300 new background photos since the last update.

Bleh, I thought the internet in Japan would be faster than in America, but since everyone only uses cellphones here, the internet's not always that super...

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#18 Post by pkt »

I'm willing to offer up some webspace for all of these.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

Sir William Perkins

#19 Post by Sir William Perkins »

Wow It's kinda fun looking at these photos, reminds me of my viset to Japan I really miss it, I'm really suprised that you were able to take so many pictures without people in them..some nice yet tricky to get photos would be
the inside of a train
the front of a Taito game station
also the inside of a karaoke booth
and the pretty lights of the Odaiba Ferris Wheel
im not making a game right now yet thoought they'd be nice pictures
., ps If ya ever get a chance to visting mia jima (sacred island) is pretty nice, they have a tori gate that looks like its floating on water,the island itself has so really nice shrines and old styled buildings you can get a train ticket to mia jima that includes a ferry boat ride for pretty cheap. depending on which area your in of course.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#20 Post by LVUER »

Samu-kun wrote:Bleh, I thought the internet in Japan would be faster than in America, but since everyone only uses cellphones here, the internet's not always that super...
But I bet they still A LOT faster compared to one in my country.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#21 Post by Samu-kun »

So I spent a few hours today uploading my photographs. However, when I submitted the post, I got an error message. So please enjoy the error message screen instead. =w=

Ran

#22 Post by Ran »

My god, these are all glorious. Any chance of us getting a .rar or something uploaded? You could try and host it on something like Mediafire or Megaupload since you get errors on here.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#23 Post by Samu-kun »

I finally threw in the towel and decided to resize the images to 1820x1024 instead of their original 3072x1728 to speed up the uploading. I hope that isn't a problem for anyone. (but seriously, who really needs images that big anyways...)

I'm uploading all of the images to my blog now. I estimate they'll be finished uploading in about 5 hours, assuming nothing goes wrong, so sit tight everyone...

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#24 Post by Samu-kun »

Nothing went wrong, so here are all the photographs. Takes for being patient everyone.

http://samukun.wordpress.com/2010/02/14 ... -of-japan/

This entire experience has taught me that it's better to just provide .zip batches rather than uploading the photos individually, so that's probably how I'll be releasing the photographs from now on.
inside of a train
I've been trying for awhile now, but this is probably going to be very difficult because we're generally packed in there very tightly.
inside of a karaoke booth
I'll try to get one soon.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#25 Post by Samu-kun »

Here's another batch of 13 more photographs. Most of the photographs are near Osaka castle, although some other more generic photos are also included.
Background pack 2.zip
(23.36 MiB) Downloaded 308 times
Now, for the important part. I lucked out and got to tour an elementary school with some other international students. I have about 20 photographs that are pretty much perfect for visual novels (including photos of the sports field, classrooms, and halls). The only thing is that this is an actual elementary school that's used by real elementary students, so I'm not sure if I should upload the photos for everybody in the whole wide world to use, even if the photographs themselves don't actually have anyone in them. I'm kinda not looking forward to what the likes of Mugen and his ilk might do if I were to release a batch of photographs of an elementary school to use in their games... =_=;;

I know a lot of people really would like to have the photos to use as backgrounds, but then I also don't want to release photos of some kid's school to the four corners of the net either. Mmm... What to do...

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#26 Post by Aashtarsrain »

I don't know about the kids'school either, though I don't think empty corridors would matter much anyway at least... Do as you wish. Thank you for every photo so far, we really appreciate your fantastic work ! :D

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#27 Post by yummy »

Thanks for your marvelous collection Samu kun!

That being said, I wonder if you could provide some photographs of unusual places, like :
- an open-air bath (routenburo),
- the seaside with the anti-tsunami cells (the triangular things placed on the shore).
- an Izakaya (a japanese pub) interior and exterior

Don't worry, I won't ask you to take photographs of maids in a themed kissaten! (but if you insist on sharing them I don't mind)

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#28 Post by Samu-kun »

an open-air bath (routenburo)
I hope you don't mean the inside of one, because there are naked people there! XD I don't think carrying a camera in there is allowed. I do have a photograph of the front of a sento (public bath) though.
the seaside with the anti-tsunami cells (the triangular things placed on the shore).
Sure, beach pictures should come sooner or later because summer came early here.
an Izakaya (a japanese pub) interior and exterior
Mmmm... This might be a bit tough because I don't drink much alcohol, but if I'm ever invited by friends, I'll try taking some pictures.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#29 Post by Samu-kun »

Since RenO is coming up, I decided to take all 198 photographs I have so far and package them into one convenient zip package. Hope this is of help next month.
Attachments
Backgrounds.zip
(74.6 MiB) Downloaded 530 times

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#30 Post by LVUER »

Samu-kun wrote:
an open-air bath (routenburo)
I hope you don't mean the inside of one, because there are naked people there! XD I don't think carrying a camera in there is allowed. I do have a photograph of the front of a sento (public bath) though.
Perhaps you could ask the owner permission to take some pictures. Tell the owner what are you going to do with the picture (and promise to blur any letter if the owner wish so). And of course, take the picture when there is no one inside.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW