Belle - Visual novel maker

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Belle - Visual novel maker

#106 Post by fleet »

freemind,
I see you're back after a long absence. Will you be releasing a version 0.7?
Very respectfully,
fleet
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

freemind
Regular

#107 Post by freemind »

fleet wrote:freemind,
I see you're back after a long absence. Will you be releasing a version 0.7?
Very respectfully,
fleet
Yes, of course. I've been working on it for the past months. It has a couple of new features and lots of fixes.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

#108 Post by fleet »

Thank you. I'll be watching here for the announcement when you release version 0.7.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

freemind
Regular

#109 Post by freemind »

Hi,

Finally, after almost 2 years since the last release, i'm releasing a new version, Belle 0.7b. I think it's time, with this new release, to label it as beta. Evaluating from the testing i and some few others made, i assume most issues have been fixed, but there might still be another here and there and also there's still many things to add and improve.

You can read the full changelog here.
Since the changelog is quite extensive, let me summarize the key features of this release:
- Fixes, lots of fixes.
- Added some new resources: Sound, Font, SlotButton and Menu.
- Improved the built-in browser and set as the default way to test games. For those who didn't know, Belle had a built-in browser already for some releases, but it had some issues, that's why i never pushed for it. But now i think it's the best way to test/preview the game while making it, so you'll get a message asking to switch, if you haven't already.
-Added some shortcuts to write dialogues faster. Now you can double-click a dialogue action to edit it quickly, for example. Also if you press enter key with an action selected, it will create a new dialogue action below, that you can edit on-the-fly and "submit" by pressing ctrl+enter or clicking anywhere else. That's basically it, but I should write some documentation about this.
-Added color coding. Now there are 4 colors for each group of actions. The actions' items were redesigned a bit as well.

I haven't updated the website, but i will tomorrow. For now you can download, as usual, a zip for Windows and a dmg for macOS, here: https://github.com/fr33mind/Belle/releases/tag/0.7b
I also plan to make an AppImage for Linux soon too.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran

#110 Post by fleet »

I'm glad Belle is now in Beta 0.7b. If I weren't in the middle of a project I'd try this out immediately.
Very respectfully,
fleet

animestarathira

#111 Post by animestarathira »

i dont know how to save game and resume in belle. It is not working or loading the current state where you want to save the game.

freemind
Regular

#112 Post by freemind »

animestarathira wrote:i dont know how to save game and resume in belle. It is not working or loading the current state where you want to save the game.
Can you be more specific? What steps are you taking?

animestarathira

#113 Post by animestarathira »

I am creating game in belle software so I want to know how can I provide save option and resume or load game option to the player? It would be kind if I get the response soon.

freemind
Regular

#114 Post by freemind »

animestarathira wrote:I am creating game in belle software so I want to know how can I provide save option and resume or load game option to the player? It would be kind if I get the response soon.
When running your game if you press the ESC key a pause screen should show up. There you can either save or load a game. By default it should work like this, you don't need to do anything.
However if you want to provide your buttons to the player, outside the pause screen, you can use the SlotButton resource, which is what is used in pause screen.

animestarathira

#115 Post by animestarathira »

thanks a lot but could you tell me in brief about this statement of yours : However if you want to provide your buttons to the player, outside the pause screen, you can use the SlotButton resource, which is what is used in pause screen.

freemind
Regular

#116 Post by freemind »

animestarathira wrote:thanks a lot but could you tell me in brief about this statement of yours : However if you want to provide your buttons to the player, outside the pause screen, you can use the SlotButton resource, which is what is used in pause screen.
What do you want to do exactly?
What i meant was if you want to have a "save game" button inside your game directly, instead of being somewhat hidden in the pause screen.

animestarathira

#117 Post by animestarathira »

I am creating an android mobile game So I need button to save games.. and I just don't know how to do that? HELP ME!!

freemind
Regular

#118 Post by freemind »

animestarathira wrote:I am creating an android mobile game So I need button to save games.. and I just don't know how to do that? HELP ME!!
Oh, ok, i understand better now. In that case it's better if you have a button to go to the Save Game screen. For that you'll need a bit of Javascript code, like it's used for the "Load Game" button in the "Main" scene. Just create a RunScript action in the "Mouse Release" event with the following code:

Code: Select all

var game = this.getGame();
if (game) {
	game.pause();
	game.getModel().setScene("Save Game");
}
Let me know if this works well for you.

animestarathira

#119 Post by animestarathira »

it is not working,,, hmm.. if only I had some tutorial... I created button save game in the main scene with the script you mentioned above. Still it is not working,,players will complain If I don't provide save game option to them.

animestarathira

#120 Post by animestarathira »

YEAH.................. I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!! <3

BY THE WAY I am not happy with the way you guided me and it was really hard to follow your steps. And you should really brief out properly each steps you know but with your little guidance,I was able to create save button.

I would like to mention your name in my game as a thank you (credits)... you helped me out alone in this forum/community.. I really appreciate your time and efforts for me :-) :-)