[WIP] Visual Novel Maker (VNMaker)

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

Re: [WIP] Visual Novel Maker (VNMaker)

#17 Post by Ghost #9 »

naruzeldamaster wrote:I am excited to see this since I just purchased the program off of humble bundle (thank god, considering the actual price of the software.) and I was looking for a VN engine that I could use.
This looks amazing and powerful, it does have potential to compete with VN makers (it already kinda blows Tyranobuilder out of the water with it's simplicity) and I'm sure this will be great once finished.
In the meantime I will wait for VN Maker to come out and use that, but I am certainly excited to see a well made engine.
Compared to what you see on steam workshop engine wise it is very well done.
I'm not sure this is the same engine that's available on Steam, assuming this is what you're referring to: http://store.steampowered.com/app/495480/

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#18 Post by LizardRobot »

naruzeldamaster wrote:I am excited to see this since I just purchased the program off of humble bundle (thank god, considering the actual price of the software.) and I was looking for a VN engine that I could use.
This looks amazing and powerful, it does have potential to compete with VN makers (it already kinda blows Tyranobuilder out of the water with it's simplicity) and I'm sure this will be great once finished.
In the meantime I will wait for VN Maker to come out and use that, but I am certainly excited to see a well made engine.
Compared to what you see on steam workshop engine wise it is very well done.
This was released in a humble bundle? Which bundle was it? I guess it's too late to grab now...

Drewz
Regular

#19 Post by Drewz »

I think he/she was talking about ClickTeam Fusion 2.5 that was in a gamedev humble bundle a few monthes ago (it's in it again right know). The 'VN Maker' on the first post is made with Fusion 2.5 according to OP (See first topic) ...

LizardRobot
Regular
Projects: A Town Called Shanty
Organization: Lizard Robot
Deviantart: lizrobot

#20 Post by LizardRobot »

Ahh, good to know! That program looks pretty intuitive, I may have to check it out for some future game ideas I have.

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#21 Post by JBShields »

I saw on Steam that VNM will allow users to use Javascript and Coffeescript (which is supposed to go with Javascript).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/495480/di ... 384/?ctp=8

Drewz
Regular

#22 Post by Drewz »

JBShields wrote:I saw on Steam that VNM will allow users to use Javascript and Coffeescript (which is supposed to go with Javascript).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/495480/di ... 384/?ctp=8
Wrong Topic ^0^ This one is for another VN Maker in the making (At least I hope it still is, no update in ages xD)
The one you're looking for is here : viewtopic.php?f=57&t=41664

RetroLiving

#23 Post by RetroLiving »

looks awsome i want this to make Visual novels the only good one is Tyranobuilder

MiracleCatZ
Projects: pawZ
Organization: MiracleCatZ

#24 Post by MiracleCatZ »

The idea you have for has great potential, and the fact you want to make it an open source program is amazing! I find Ren'py to be a bit too complicated for my tastes, but Novelty is missing a few things I would appreciate having in a visual novel making engine. I look extremely forward to seeing your idea come to full fruition, as for suggestions, at the moment, I'm bad at thinking on the spot since I literally just discovered this post. BUT I really want to see this come to fruition!