How to create a menu with differents buttons in Novelty?

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
SnowBlizzard
Github: beatrizfs1997

How to create a menu with differents buttons in Novelty?

#1 Post by SnowBlizzard »

I've learned how to make buttons with the NoveltyML Designer. That's a nightmare, but I did it \o/ However, my problem isn't the learning part ;-; I created differents buttons and I wanted to make a menu for my interface with all of them. But all I can do is a menu with one button that keep repeting in all the options. I know you guys are used to Ren'py.But for someone like me ( who have nothing coding experience) Novelty is totally more appropriate, because is easier to deal with and etc. So I hope u can help me <3 If don't that's okay :x

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: How to create a menu with differents buttons in Novelty?

#2 Post by fleet »

SnowBlizzard wrote:I've learned how to make buttons with the NoveltyML Designer. That's a nightmare, but I did it \o/ However, my problem isn't the learning part ;-; I created differents buttons and I wanted to make a menu for my interface with all of them. But all I can do is a menu with one button that keep repeting in all the options. I know you guys are used to Ren'py.But for someone like me ( who have nothing coding experience) Novelty is totally more appropriate, because is easier to deal with and etc. So I hope u can help me <3 If don't that's okay :x
I also use Novelty since I dislike writing code.
When I need multiple buttons, I create hotspots and assign the appropriate actions to the hotspots.
That's how I did the letters for the mind-reading mini-games in my Vera Blanc fan-made games.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.