tyranobuilder - hud?

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
myndirnotur
Tumblr: stanleykubricks

tyranobuilder - hud?

#1 Post by myndirnotur »

Hey friends.

So I've been messing around with tyranobuilder and I can do basic scripting pretty well, but right now I'm trying to make a VN that uses onscreen meters (like a hud) to show game progress:

As you can see in the upper corners on each side there's a little star meter for both of my protagonists--when they accomplish a certain feat in the game, it'll get them one star.

I figured out how to get the images to appear with Tyranoscript, but I was wondering how to make them change based on the if/then variable. So that instead of the empty meter, after they've gotten one, two, or three stars (with the expression [eval exp="f.LisaStar = LisaStar +1"], etc), something like this will appear instead:

I realize I'll probably have to copy/paste it into every scene, I don't have a problem with that. I've just been fiddling around trying to get it to work and have not been successful. I basically just want my players to see some sort of progress through the game.

I'm pretty new to this stuff but I'm a fast learner, any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: tyranobuilder - hud?

#2 Post by firecat »

go to their official steam forum, most of us don't use this program.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345370/discussions/

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

8oni
Regular
Completed: Midnight Encounter, White World
Tumblr: 8oni
Deviantart: 8oni

Re: tyranobuilder - hud?

#3 Post by 8oni »

First, I am sorry for necro a thread but here is a video that I made that showing how to make a simple HUD in TB using ptext.

Hopefully this will helps someone.