[NScripter] WHITE ENIGMA

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
alexzander3895

[NScripter] WHITE ENIGMA

#1 Post by alexzander3895 »

I've been attempting to mess around with a possible translation of WHITE ENIGMA, an NScripter game, for the past few days, but there are numerous issues with translating this game that make it almost impossible to do.

1. The biggest one: It's incompatible with Onscripter (as far as I can tell). The game hangs on the title screen and has to be forcibly shut down from the control panel. I believe the title screen hang has to do with image button incompatibility, but the exit error has to do with an Exit confirm pop-up window that doesn't seem to work in ONscripter.

2. Text Issues. Fortunately the build of nscripter this game is using is compatible with half-width characters, but only to a point. The letters of each word have to add up to an even number of bytes including the following space, or it'll ignore the space character completely or even cut off letters.
Ex. "Music Volume" would show up as "Music Volume" but "Text Speed" would show up as "TextSpee" (I've gotten around this error by doing it as "Text Speed " with a full width space and a space after the second word.)

Would anyone be interested in helping me with this? Or would I be better off either rescripting the whole thing or dropping it completely?

alex.theoto
Regular

Re: [NScripter] WHITE ENIGMA

#2 Post by alex.theoto »

Can you give us game's url?
Do you have creator's permission for this?
You want to write it on nscripter or use renpy?