Sandbox Adventure is a new online visual novel engine. It is responsive and works on any device connected to internet (desktops, tablets and mobiles).
Most games made with Ren'Py can be easily converted to Sandbox Adventure (between half a day and two/three days of work).
Soon, all games made with Sandbox Adventure can be converted in Ren'Py in one-click. You will still have to make the GUI though!
You will find in this thread all the information updates regarding the engine and its new features.
- Adding a small particles engine
- Jump directely to one specific moment in the game from the editor (so you can check immediately how it looks in game)
- One-click exportation to Ren'Py (there is no hurry since all game available have already a Ren'Py version)
- Layered characters: Renpy's LiveComposite equivalent (read more).
- Optional pay-what-you-want button (read more).
- Content warning: a popup with a warning message when the game is rated (ex: The game contain some nudity. You must be over 18 to play it.)
- Iframe integration: to display a game directely on any website
- Kongregate integration
- GameJolt integration
- A list of converted game can be found on Sandbox Adventure home page.
- Here is a quick demo explaining a little bit more what Sandbox Adventure can do.
- The asset manager and the story editor of this demo are accessible HERE.
- A tutorial about how to make a Ren'Py game fully compatible with Sandbox Adventure.
Don't hesitate to make Honest Critique. Constructive feedbacks are always welcome, even negative ones!