Visual Novelty: Dynamic Character Color Change / Game Log

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
Erotome
Regular
Projects: Paws & Effect, RE4: Otome Edition
Organization: Shimmersoft
Tumblr: erotomesoft
Deviantart: Erotome

Visual Novelty: Dynamic Character Color Change / Game Log

#1 Post by Erotome »

Hey there (fleet, most likely),

I'm trying to perform a few tricks in Novelty and I'm curious if anyone has suggestions.

1) I want to have characters take on a slight color change when they're the ones speaking, similar to what Fire Emblem does. Obviously, I could do the manual work of doing a change-color option on characters, but I'm wondering if there's a more efficient solution that I can accomplish through Designer, like being able to assign a trait for the color change.

2) I'd like to create a Game Log screen, but I'm not sure how. However, I noticed in Designer that there's a "Scroll Canvas" and "Slider" option, so I'm wondering if I can create a button to act as the slider and scroll the canvas to show the log. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Play the demo our latest game, Paws & Effect: My Dogs Are Human!

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Visual Novelty: Dynamic Character Color Change / Game Lo

#2 Post by fleet »

Erotome wrote:Hey there (fleet, most likely),

I'm trying to perform a few tricks in Novelty and I'm curious if anyone has suggestions.

1) I want to have characters take on a slight color change when they're the ones speaking, similar to what Fire Emblem does. Obviously, I could do the manual work of doing a change-color option on characters, but I'm wondering if there's a more efficient solution that I can accomplish through Designer, like being able to assign a trait for the color change.

2) I'd like to create a Game Log screen, but I'm not sure how. However, I noticed in Designer that there's a "Scroll Canvas" and "Slider" option, so I'm wondering if I can create a button to act as the slider and scroll the canvas to show the log. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Hi! The questions you've asked are beyond my skill level. I suspect they can be done using Novelty's scripting function. 8oni (you can find him over at deviantart) can probably help you.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Erotome
Regular

#3 Post by Erotome »

Thanks, fleet. Maybe I'll see what 8oni has to say. If I find solutions, I'll post them here in case other people are interested.

8oni
Regular
Completed: Midnight Encounter, White World
Tumblr: 8oni
Deviantart: 8oni

#4 Post by 8oni »

Erotome wrote:Hey there (fleet, most likely),

Thanks!
Here is video tutorial for #1
https://vlare.tv/v/9vCc5OWi
And you can download the project example if you want to.

For #2 I am working on it.

I am really sorry I am so slow at solving people request... I have ton of request on Novelty, I am working on them as fast as I can ._.
Attachments
ChangeActorColorWhenSpeaking.zip
(7.28 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Last edited by 8oni on Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erotome
Regular

#5 Post by Erotome »

Hey 8oni,

Thanks for the reply. Did you happen to figure out the second issue regarding a scrolling game log? I'm imagining that it requires setting up a canvas, linking the canvas to a "text" child-object that displays the game log, attaching a slider to the canvas, and setting the slider to "scroll canvas." However, I'm not having any luck with this setup. Any thoughts?

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#6 Post by fleet »

xoni doesn't come here often. The best place to contact him is at deviantart. His username there is xoni.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.