[Work in progress] Novel Art Editor [NAE]

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
Hiroki

[Work in progress] Novel Art Editor [NAE]

#1 Post by Hiroki »

Novel Art Editor
A easy Visual Novel Maker
NAE (Novel Art Editor) could be a program in the near future, with which you will create your Visual Novels.
Its a easy-to-use engine, everyone should be able creating Visual Novels with that. No scripting required, pure event based.

What will NAE be able to do?
- Its easy for you, no scripting, just events & drag 'n drop actions
- A beautiful & easy understandable interface, which uses the new Google material design
- Export your Visual Novel to Windows (more exporters are planned)
What will NAE not be able to do?
- Doing your job: Writing a Visual Novel or creating artwork for your game

When will NAE released Will it be free? Is it commercial?
- I don't know, maybe never? I can't tell yet, because its in a really early stage.
If free or commercial depends on how much work & time I will invest. Its too early to say something about that.

Where can we inform ourselfes about this project?

- Right here, there isn't a homepage or something like that yet. I won't invest money until I decided if I will make something big out of this, or if I just lay that in my 'Dead projects' folder.

Can we ask for features, or ask for things that it will/could have?
- Sure, thats why I opened this thread. Its for feedback & new ideas. One creative mind is good, a whole forum full of creativity even better.

And with that, I'm out. Don't be shy to ask me something about this project, like I said before: I love feedback

Important information

The picture in the live preview isn't from me. Its just a placeholder. I have no rights for this picture, if the owner wants me to remove it, I will immediately remove it.
You can find this picture under the following website: http://k-after.at.webry.info/201012/img ... 14714.html

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: [Work in progress] Novel Art Editor [NAE]

#2 Post by fleet »

I hope you enjoy making your visual novel maker software.
Since you didn't say a lot about what features it currently has, I can't say what features I'd like to see.

One thing I'd like to stress is that when releasing a new software program, be sure to include an easy to understand user guide. I recommend using a LOT of illustrations. All too often I've seen user guides that assume the new user is an expert computer user.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Hiroki

Re: [Work in progress] Novel Art Editor [NAE]

#3 Post by Hiroki »

fleet wrote:I hope you enjoy making your visual novel maker software.
Since you didn't say a lot about what features it currently has, I can't say what features I'd like to see.

One thing I'd like to stress is that when releasing a new software program, be sure to include an easy to understand user guide. I recommend using a LOT of illustrations. All too often I've seen user guides that assume the new user is an expert computer user.
Thank you, it is still in a very early phase, so I do not know yet 100% in which direction the whole thing will go.
That is why there is so far only so little information. But like I said, questions? Ask them! I love feedback
A user guide is a good idea, but will only come when I have the software in a stable state.
My goal is to make it so easy, that you won't even need a guide.
But if I make a guide, it will definitely be a video guide, not a guide in text format.

If you have still questions, or wish features, that you miss in other Visual Novel Engines, go ahead, tell me about it.