How to script in Novelty?

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
Virgichuu
Projects: First Project I'm working on and it's an otome game: Forogotten
Tumblr: virgichuu
Deviantart: Virgichuu

How to script in Novelty?

#1 Post by Virgichuu »

Hello everyone! Excuse me in advance for any grammar mistakes on my part!
I've just recently joined the forum and I may a bit lost as to where I should put my thread so excuse me if I put it in the wrong place!
I'm in my last high school year in a French school and that's why at the end of this year I'll get through some kind of big exam called bac. Since drawing is a part of my life, I chose to also be monitered and graded on Arts. People who chose this option have to show a project to a jury and the project I decided to work on is...well...a visual novel! An Otome game to be precise! My story, choices and routes are already pretty clear in my head. Same goes for my characters personnalities and stuff. My problem now is, how to script? I really don't have a clue about scripting. Language, coding etc...I don't know a peanut about it! If it's not too much, I really want to understand that and to get started with it! I have both Novelty and Renpy but I find Renby kind of scary somehow!
Thank very much for reading (I've already looked around on the internet but I still don't what to do)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: How to script in Novelty?

#2 Post by fleet »

Hello, and welcome to LemmaSoft Forums.
I am not a moderator, but I think you posted in the correct section of LemmaSoft.
I use Novelty to build my VNs. You don't need to script unless there's something that the built-in Novelty functions won't do. From the things you've described ( . . story, choices and routes are already pretty clear in my head. Same goes for my characters personnalities (sic) and stuff) none of that requires scripting.
The smartest person I know of that uses Novelty (and scripts that work in Novelty) is 8oni. He doesn't come to lemmasoft very often. If you have a specific question on scripting or need a specific script made, you can contact him at deviantart.com. His page there is http://8oni.deviantart.com/
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Virgichuu
Projects: First Project I'm working on and it's an otome game: Forogotten
Tumblr: virgichuu
Deviantart: Virgichuu

Re: How to script in Novelty?

#3 Post by Virgichuu »

fleet wrote:Hello, and welcome to LemmaSoft Forums.
I am not a moderator, but I think you posted in the correct section of LemmaSoft.
I use Novelty to build my VNs. You don't need to script unless there's something that the built-in Novelty functions won't do. From the things you've described ( . . story, choices and routes are already pretty clear in my head. Same goes for my characters personnalities (sic) and stuff) none of that requires scripting.
The smartest person I know of that uses Novelty (and scripts that work in Novelty) is 8oni. He doesn't come to lemmasoft very often. If you have a specific question on scripting or need a specific script made, you can contact him at deviantart.com. His page there is http://8oni.deviantart.com/
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thread and welcoming me! (I'm glad it seems to be the correct section then!)
Thank you very much for your answer, it helped me out a lot! It greatly reassures me that there is less script manipulating here! I'll gladly ask 8oni on deviantart! Thank very much for the link and, once again, for taking the time to read and reply to my question!