Getting started with Kirikiri Z

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
mangaworld

Getting started with Kirikiri Z

#1 Post by mangaworld »

Hello everybody

I successfully built the Kirikiri Z VN Engine from source on my Windows 10 machine. After this I followed the translated tutorials for the Kirikiri VN Engine.
I have created the relevant folder structure as well as the required startup.tjs and first.ks file (inside the scenario folder). When I start the Kirikiri Engine the startup file is processed properly but then nothing happens. It was my assumption that the first.ks file would get executed automatically. Inside the first.ks file I put the the code for displaying text.

I would be very grateful if somebody could get me some pointers.

Thank you very much.

dineko

Re: Getting started with Kirikiri Z

#2 Post by dineko »

Just to be sure you are using the entire KAG extension right? not just the startup.tjs file and the first.ks file. If you want to make a visual novel I recommend downloading KAG EX from the link.

Go to the source code tab and then click download button on the right.

link="https://kagexpress.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest"

PS- After you download it extract open the zip and open the Kagexpress folder (Ignore the CKRR folders ) go the "builds" folder and extract ONLY the KAG3unicode folder. (You'll only be needing that) Open the folder and run the executable. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.