(This has been edited since I didn't explain much and didn't have any screenshots )
Elementari is an online platform that connects artists with writers to create, share, and remix visual interactive stories. We have a library of community contributed illustrations and backgrounds so you can jumpstart your story. Stories published automatically credit and promote the artists whose art and music you have used. You can see more the website www.elementari.io
Note: Elementari is not meant to be specifically for the visual novel genre. We currently do not have features that are core to visual novels (long scripts with text etc). However, we hope to be a more visual and friendly approach to creating visual stories with fun interactive features (animation, logic, events, etc). We also have a more education focus to promoting arts and literacy.
Demo Choose Your Own Adventure Story:
Completed in less than a day: https://www.elementari.io/stories/fU8kCgEB2Z/
Info for Writers
Creating a story's layout is very similar to Powerpoint. We do have an event graph on the back side of each page where you can "code" your logic.
You can see a tutorial for how to change sprites here: https://blog.elementari.io/tutorials/changing-costumes/
Writers also have access to analytics. So, you can see how far your readers get, what choice they made (62% of readers have chosen cookies as their snack), and other information.
Some cool things we support/still in beta: skeletal animation, character generator.
We will be updating the help center with more details and would love to know what kind of features you would like to see.
Info for Artists:
We're live for artists to join! If you post your art or music on Elementari you can:
1. Inspire stories around the world.
- Anyone (especially kids) can use your illustrations to write and publish their interactive stories on Elementari.
- You keep your copyright.
- All of the artwork and stories stay on Elementari and cannot be downloaded (You can't right-click-save-as)
- Your artwork can only be used in stories created through our online editor.
- If a story uses your illustration, you will automatically be notified and credited.
- Go beyond views and likes. See how many stories you have inspired and how many stories they have inspired.
- Elementari will be rolling out our Partners Program which will profit share.
- Elementari is trying to build a community of illustrators, composers, writers, teachers, and students.
Learn how we automatically credit and notify artists: https://blog.elementari.io/articles/aut ... s-artists/
Technology Stack: HTML5, Django, Postgres.
We also have a discord where you can chill with the devs, illustrators, composers, and writers. : https://discord.gg/GFvjDAC
You can also follow use on Twitter @elementar_io.
I would love to hear what you think!