Snowdrop [Winter: GxB] Looking for Gui Artist [10.28.17]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Day 366: The Prologue
Projects: Secrets Untold, Snowdrop
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Snowdrop [Winter: GxB] Looking for Gui Artist [10.28.17]

#1 Post by LegendEx » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi there! I go by Legend or Ex. I am recruiting for a new game I'm currently working on. I've been working on Secrets Untold for almost 2 years now (it's massive), but I'd like to get one more smaller scale game under my belt before the year ends.

That being said, I'd like to work on a winter themed game to be completed by the end of December.

My Project:
When a 22 year old college graduate, Lilah Scott, decides to take the plunge and quit her cashier job to become a full time film maker, she feels fulfilled. For a few months...When the reviews come in for her short independent film, Snowdrop, she is devastated. Her opening day is met with 11 viewers (a good chunk being friends and families) while others at the festival had viewers in the hundreds. Convinced that no one understands her vision, she becomes detached from the world and holes herself up in her mother's house. Hoping to get out of her slump (and gain some money), she accepts the offer to work at her sister in law's hotel for the winter break. The isolation in the snowy mountains is bound to help her inspiration...right? And if it doesn't, hey, she's making some easy cash! (Who wants to sleep in the middle of nowhere?)

What Lilah doesn't account for is the pesky guest, Archer Lane (world famous singer), who decides to stay at her aunt's hotel. It's humble atmosphere and location is perfect for him to hide for the holidays and get some song writing done. Except, he's a lot more high maintenance than he lets on and Lilah isn't having it.

Snowdrop will be an otome game with one route and multiple endings. It will range anywhere from 20,000-50,000 words.

Recruitment: The game should be completed by the end of December/beginning of January.
Gui Artist: I need someone to create the preferences menu to match the save/load screens and text box I'm using. I will take a basic design :D
Gui Programmer: I have most of the gui created, but my programmer and I are having a tough time getting the menu buttons to work properly. So, if you can help I'd greatly appreciate it! Recruited.

Extras:
Background Artist: 5 or so backgrounds
Video Editor: I would love to have a trailer or maybe even an opening video.

I'd like to have this game out by the end of December and I've already started drafting the script out. It will not be a massive game, but will boast at least an hour's worth of play. If you have the time from now until December to help me, I'd love to have you on board!
Last edited by LegendEx on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:46 am, edited 9 times in total.

Alexzandria
Regular
Deviantart: Alexzandria44

Re: Snowdrop [Winter Themed GxB] Looking for Team Members!

#2 Post by Alexzandria » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Hello,
Im a sprite artist and im interested in your project.
Commissions Open

kisuko

#3 Post by kisuko » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 pm

If you want, I can do the logo or GUI art for your project.

arcdawn

#4 Post by arcdawn » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:41 am

Although I'm a bit busy at the moment, I can work on video editing!
Feel free to pm me for details

Steam Bunny
Projects: INHABIT
Tumblr: steam-bunny
Deviantart: steam-bunny

Re: Snowdrop [Winter Themed GxB] Looking for Artists!

#5 Post by Steam Bunny » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:13 am

Hey! I'm an artist, and may be able to help you with sprites and CG/s.

You can find my gallery here!

LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Day 366: The Prologue
Projects: Secrets Untold, Snowdrop
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Re: Snowdrop [Winter: GxB] Looking for Gui Programmer, etc.

#6 Post by LegendEx » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:45 pm

I am opening this thread again because I'm looking for a gui artist to create a preference page for the game that matches the save and load screen I'm using as well as a programmer to help code the gui and menu buttons for us!