[CLOSED] [UNPAID] Looking for positions in a Victorian Otome Romance!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
LilSugoishii

[CLOSED] [UNPAID] Looking for positions in a Victorian Otome Romance!

#1 Post by LilSugoishii »

OTOME JAM PROJECT (UNNAMED)

Hello everyone! I’m Oishii, a third-time Visual Novel developer who is ready to throw everything I’ve got into creating a story that I’m passionate about. If you don’t know my projects, they are the #Yanjam entry La Terreur Sur Roues and #NaNoReNo2022 project Beyond Tradition. I’ve since worked on other long-term projects too!

I’m putting together a team early so we can go through scheduling, fill in the blanks during the outline, and make sure the scope is okay for a month-long jam.

This project is non-commercial, which means everyone will be unpaid and the game won’t be accepting donations or any transactions. This is purely for fun!

PLOT:

It is 1888, and the news of the Phantom Menace terrorizes the city of London robbing the rich and donating to the poor. With so many police left with no trail to follow, the Queen finally requests the service of the notorious Earl Culpepper. The cold but calculating watchdog who rarely leaves his manor which is run by a single butler. (the butler knows her true identity)

But little does the Queen and the rest of London know, the Earl is actually a woman.

Ms. Culpepper grudgingly decides to ditch her shabby male persona and attend the ball allegedly where the Phantom Menace is supposed to strike next. Will she and her butler be able to apprehend the Phantom Menace? Or will she be led astray?

Genre: Historical fiction, Romance, Action
Length: N/A
Engine: Renpy
Routes: 3 routes (1 is short if we make one of the love interests a bad match)

CHARACTERS:

EARL CULPEPPER

The Earl of Culpepper is the current head of the Culpepper house, the notorious Queen’s Watchdog, and a secret ally to the demon's association.

As a noble in disguise, she rarely leaves the manor and always sends her butler in her place. She is arrogant and intelligent, showing a strong business acumen and manipulative behavior if it benefits her. She rarely stands in places beneath her status.

BUTLER EVERLY

[????] Everly is the demon butler and only staff member of the Culpepper household. He is in charge of everything that goes on and physically represents his lady due to her fake appearance. He knows her true identity but simply doesn’t care.

Like any butler of his status, he faithfully carries out any order she deems necessary even if innocent blood is shed. He doesn’t care for anyone else but her due to their contract. Night and day he focuses on keeping the house working, and his lady on her feet. She is perfectly capable of it all on her own, but he still prides himself with his flawless service. He is always professional, even as he is slicing someone's throat.

EARL DARLINGTON

Earl Darlington is the head of the Darlington family home and fortune. His brother recently passing away granted him a life of endless luxury and anyone he desires. But he is simply uninterested in all but one, the Jane to his Dorian Gray.

In public, he is just as much of a spoiled brat as Culpepper is, just a little less tuned. He is maniacal, laughing and making a fool of himself in front of everyone. This is simply because he lost his childhood trying to keep up with his brother, always considered a chess piece in their family's fortune ready to replace his brother upon… an unexpected tragedy. Deep down, past his spoiled mannerisms and weird behavior he is soulful and mourning. But will Ms. Culpepper see that layer of him before he is killed?

PHANTOM MENACE

The Phantom Menace is the recent criminal to strike London's richest inhabitants to their knees. He steals from the rich and gives it away to the poor, all in a flashy way. Despite his flashy entrances and exits, he always evades the cops.

He is perpetually jovial and confident. During his evading and break times in between, he is upbeat and very charismatic. To many, he is the perfect bachelor.

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR / LEAD WRITER (1)
Me

This will be me! I’ll be sure to keep us on track and send constant updates to make sure we have enough time to implement all our cool ideas.

CHARACTER ARTIST (1-2)
N/A
N/A

We need a sprite artist, maybe even two to cut the workload and have time for side characters! Right now we are left with 4 characters, but who knows what can happen with time on our hands?

CG ARTIST (1-2)
N/A
N/A

We need some CG to replace backgrounds! I’d like to have a CG per route ending and 1 in the beginning.

BG ARTIST (1-2)

We need a background artist who can give us a historical background. If needed, we can make the backgrounds less complex. References will be given, some backgrounds we will need are:
Victorian office with a big window
A ballroom dance floor
A wall with drinks
Outside the ballroom, so just a big entrance
A small, cozy room with a candle

GUI Designer (1)

We need a historical GUI, one that evokes a feeling of the 1800s London in a rich side of town.

LOGO Designer (1)

The itch page needs to be pretty, and of course we need a logo / colorful title.

COMPOSER (1)

I’d love to have original music in my games, something that puts you in the feet of a young, proud woman who has a sexist world in their hands.

CO - WRITERS (2-3)

We need co-writers who can take a route and write it all! I’ll be writing the common route and helping anyone out. The work would be done quickly the more writers we have on board!

PROOFREADERS (1-2)

I can write, but grammar? I tend to write like a 1600s author with running sentences. A proofreader will help us know if our pacing is okay, grammar is good, and our routes fit in seamlessly!

If you're interested, please DM me on Discord! My user is: F o x y#6523, can't wait to hear from anyone interested!
Last edited by LilSugoishii on Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Optaku

Re: [OPEN] [UNPAID] Looking for positions in a Victorian Otome Romance!

#2 Post by Optaku »

Hey, I’m interested in applying for the character artist role, but because of your settings I can’t seem to be able to message you on discord.

kittylove94
Regular

#3 Post by kittylove94 »

Hey I am interested in GUI and LOGO Design ^^, I can't add you either. if you could add my discord Kitty#1669

LilSugoishii

#4 Post by LilSugoishii »

Optaku wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:06 pm Hey, I’m interested in applying for the character artist role, but because of your settings I can’t seem to be able to message you on discord.
Hey! Friend me on discord so we can talk more. Tell me your user and I'll fix my settings.

Optaku

#5 Post by Optaku »

LilSugoishii wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:05 pm
Optaku wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:06 pm Hey, I’m interested in applying for the character artist role, but because of your settings I can’t seem to be able to message you on discord.
Hey! Friend me on discord so we can talk more. Tell me your user and I'll fix my settings.
Okay, my discord id is Optaku#9893

LilSugoishii

#6 Post by LilSugoishii »

Optaku wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:20 pm
Hi! Sent you a friend request. I hope to hear from you soon with your portfolio. :)

LilSugoishii

#7 Post by LilSugoishii »

LilSugoishii wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:12 pm
Optaku wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:20 pm

Hi! Sent you a friend request. I hope to hear from you soon with your portfolio. :)
I'm F o x y#6523 by the way. :)

Apririnn
Deviantart: Apririnn
itch: Apririnn

#8 Post by Apririnn »

Hello! I am interested to be the character artist~ I can't add you so here's my discord instead; Apririnn#7012 : )

silverwater
itch: acorn-silverwater

#9 Post by silverwater »

Hi! I'm interested in being one of the proofreaders. My discord handle: i dunno#6329

playingwithapencil

#10 Post by playingwithapencil »

Hey! I would love to be part of this project as a character artist, and if there are no spaces availoable, i could do the CGs then, I can't seem to message you on discord, my user is: Playingwithapencil#8685
You can check some of my art on ig @playingwithapencil

Ladythief1997
Regular
Projects: Unnamed PJ
Tumblr: genderbender1lover
Deviantart: genderbender-lover
Soundcloud: Breaking~Point
itch: Ladythief1997
Discord: tenshuz

#11 Post by Ladythief1997 »

Hello! I am interested in being a co-writer if you are still searching. As I am unable to message you on discord I will leave my discord information here. Message me whenever you have time! TenshuZ#9642
Writer looking for EXP go ahead and hit me up. ;D You know you want to.

Saltome
Veteran
Deviantart: saltome

Re: [CLOSED] [UNPAID] Looking for positions in a Victorian Otome Romance!

#12 Post by Saltome »

Interesting, there's potential here. Is there a public Discord server, where I can spy on the project?
I am an experienced programmer. Recently had my first stab at being a game producer, and I'd say it went relatively smoothly. I am also a badass gamer, so I can handle QA on a project like this. I also have a decent command over the English language.
Depending on the scope of the project I may be able to lend a hand, if you're interested.
Deviant Art: Image
Discord: saltome
Itch: Phoenix Start

Ryukun
itch: python

Re: [CLOSED] [UNPAID] Looking for positions in a Victorian Otome Romance!

#13 Post by Ryukun »

I can help you with the backgrounds if you want. Write me on discord (Ryukuu#7047) to show you my examples