You play as a young elf (gender choosable) coming of age and searching for their path in life. You can choose locations you want to travel to and activities to do there, raise your skills and abilities, meet new people (and elves of course) and even decide the fate of the world.
(sprite artist - ningyohime07)
There are about 20 locations and 50 characters planned for now. Besides the main plot about the upcoming war with Dark Elves, there will be separate plotlines depending on the location/activity. So I'm looking for a person to give feedback on my own ideas and create their own:
1) romance stories - I would like to have several romanceable characters for each gender, but my own ideas for romance plots are not that many for now.
2) career and professional growth stories - I love this kind of stories myself, so I would like to have some in the game.
3) names, festivals, random events, lore ideas
The game is a sim, so each story will be shown in episodes, 10-20 episodes/a story. The episodes should be pretty short (about 500 words).
If you're volunteering for a writer position please expect to finish at least one story (that being about 10k words).
The general style I'm looking for is light-hearted high fantasy (though some darker themes/difficult choices are fine too).
1. TIRAEL: Ah, the new recruit. Commander Hael told me to expect you. What’s your name?
2. PLAYER: [NAME]
3. TIRAEL: I’m Tirael, captain of the squad of which you are now a member. But the commander has filled you in on the details, I’m sure.
4. TIRAEL: Welcome to the fort. More hands are always needed these days, apparently, as long as they can serve a purpose.
5. TIRAEL: Not that there’s much to occupy yourself with here. Some people whisper of increased unrest at the border, but it’s nothing more than idle gossip, if you ask me.
6. TIRAEL: But of course, it’s my sword that my superiors care about, not my opinion. Not that either receives much use around here.
7. TIRAEL: What of you? What spurred you into joining our ranks? I hope it wasn’t fortune or glory or any of that, or you’re going to be disappointed.
● Frankly, sir, my motivations aren’t your concern. (GO TO 9.1.)
● I just want to help however I can. (GO TO 9.2.)
● Fame, fortune, and adventure. That’s why I’m here. (GO TO 9.3.)
9.1. TIRAEL: Fair enough. That will teach me to show an interest in those who serve under me, won’t it.
9.2. TIRAEL: Very admirable. But do yourself a favour and don’t go telling that to everyone around here or you’ll be taking over all their undesirable jobs before you know it.
9.3. TIRAEL: Of course it is. Well, you might gain fame as the best dishwasher or boot-polisher in the fort, but I can’t guarantee you anything beyond that.
10. TIRAEL: Anyway, I suppose we best put you to work, recruit. I assume you already have some degree of proficiency with a sword?
● Sword, spear, axe – I’m deadly with any weapon in my hand. (GO TO 12.1.)
● I’m no stranger to combat. (GO TO 12.2.)
● A little. I still have a lot to learn. (GO TO 12.3.)
12.1. TIRAEL: Bravado is only ever false or true. We’ll learn what yours is in time, you can be sure of that.
12.2. TIRAEL: Good. Then if trouble does ever find us, I’ll expect you to hold your own.
12.3. TIRAEL: No doubt you do. Luckily for you, you have me to learn from.
13. TIRAEL: Now, grab your gear. I’m about to head out on patrol, and you’re coming with me.
14. TIRAEL: Commander Hael will expect you to know these woods like the back of your hand. But don’t worry, regular patrols will drum the knowledge into you soon enough.
15. TIRAEL: Just follow me – and my orders – and we’ll get this over and done with. Understood?
16. PLAYER: Yes, captain.
17. TIRAEL: Excellent. Then let’s go.