Background Artist(s) needed for Elysian Days [closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

Background Artist(s) needed for Elysian Days [closed]

#1 Post by Reikun »

Hi! I'm back on behalf of the team behind Elysian Days. Elysian Days is a GxB/G fantasy VN that takes place in the land of Elysium, where centaurs, humans, and horses live in relative harmony. I am looking for a background artist (one or two) to help finish up the CGs and BGs for this project since I'm no longer able to.

Current Asset status:
  • - 4/6 CGs are colored except for their backgrounds
    - 4/4 Background sketches ready to be illustrated/painted over
    - All sprites are done
    - 90% sure story/scripting is done but I will update as soon as writer gets back to me!
Job Details:
  • Job A - Add backgrounds to the Character CGs. Backgrounds can be minimal/more abstract (I will discuss specific details with the artist). You will only be responsible for the FOUR CGs that are ready for their backgrounds.
    Job B - FOUR background illustrations at 1280x720 resolution based on sketches. Artist is free to work off the sketches directly and make changes as they see fit.
I am looking for:
One or Two artists for these jobs. One person can take both jobs if they wish.

TRADE OFFER

Job A choose one, Job B choose two
- Logo for your game or studio [sample 1] [sample 2]
- Promo art for your non-commercial game [sample 1]
- Non-commercial, personal use illustration [sample 1] [sample 2]
- Writing up to 20k words from Funnyguts [sample 1] [sample 2] [sample 3] [sample 4]
- CG lineart for your non-commercial game (2 max) [sample 1] [sample 2]

Job B can double down on any option except Writing.
**If you choose to do both Jobs A & B we can discuss the terms of the trade from among the above options.

All art trade offers are from me (Reikun)!

Thanks for reading!! I hope you'll consider working with us ^___^ Feel free to ask questions if something is unclear!

edit: typos
Last edited by Reikun on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Funnyguts
Veteran

Re: Background Artist(s) needed for Elysian Days [Skill Trad

#2 Post by Funnyguts »

Hey, I'm one of the writers and organizers of the game. I didn't have a chance to let Rei know the status of the writing before the post went up, but for those who want that information: the writing is mostly done save for a few scenes, and the majority of editing that remains involves setting up events within routes properly. This coming week I'll be working on a playable (if messy) build. I hope to be done with editing by the end of the month, save for any small tweaks that come from adjusting to the art.