Closed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

Closed

#1 Post by pocoscon »

Closed.
Last edited by pocoscon on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

Inksword
Regular
Tumblr: inksword

Re: Seeking Sprite Artist for Lethal Love(Angst,Otome)

#2 Post by Inksword »

First off, let me say that I think it's awesome that you're doing a game with a fat protagonist! I think most media gets stuck in a single appearance for their protagonists and it's a shame. That said, I do enjoy drawing many different body types and I would be willing to work with you on some sprites. I haven't done sprite work before, but you can see examples of of my art in my personal art thread. I do also enjoy experimenting with style, so my thread doesn't have quite the range of styles that I can work in since it's mostly my more relaxed work in my normal style. I can totally keep Shin's design the same though obviously translated into my own style I'd be working in for the game :3

Normally I wouldn't be doing something like this for free, but I've been looking for a project to get into and I really like the story you're looking to tell, so I'd like to voulenteer. :) As for a trade of skills, I do have my own tiny idea for a VN I've been working on but it's not anything I'd be able to say for sure I'd need help with yet it's barely starting, so it'd be a hold-off for now and mostly just volunteer for now.

It's late and I'm not sure if this makes sense @___@ Let me know if you need anything else and what you think!

astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

#3 Post by astrokeofmadness »

I like the idea, and your commitment to the project regardless of setbacks. Things you should probably note- since you asking for art:
Mari's weight- you mentioned that it wont be thin, but not what type of overweight exactly. There are a few variations on size, there is standard anime size- clearly not the case, chubby anime size- usually what an average person actually looks like, chubby actual proportions- notable weight at thighs, stomach, face etc, and finally obese this is where the woman is more round then curvy.
This is important since you open the statement with an understandign some people won't want/be able to draw this way, but people can't know without a better understanding of size- the best bet would be to find a photo of a person the size you looking for, or draw as best you can the proportions in comparison.

While I'm working on the art for my own project, I wish you good luck in this one as it sounds important to you. I wish I had a similar situation with my project, but I really just don't have anything to draw from with such vigor.

pocoscon
Regular

#4 Post by pocoscon »

astrokeofmadness wrote:I like the idea, and your commitment to the project regardless of setbacks. Things you should probably note- since you asking for art:
Mari's weight- you mentioned that it wont be thin, but not what type of overweight exactly. There are a few variations on size, there is standard anime size- clearly not the case, chubby anime size- usually what an average person actually looks like, chubby actual proportions- notable weight at thighs, stomach, face etc, and finally obese this is where the woman is more round then curvy.
This is important since you open the statement with an understandign some people won't want/be able to draw this way, but people can't know without a better understanding of size- the best bet would be to find a photo of a person the size you looking for, or draw as best you can the proportions in comparison.

While I'm working on the art for my own project, I wish you good luck in this one as it sounds important to you. I wish I had a similar situation with my project, but I really just don't have anything to draw from with such vigor.
Thank you so much for the help =). I'm looking for someone who can do chubby, though I'm not sure how many can pull it off. I know it's not common in vn's.....And yes, this is highly important to me along with my other project. This one is due to wanting to add something new to visual novels and giving bigger people a chance you know? It also, at least I'm hoping, showing that love is important and so are friendships. And that's fine, I wish you luck on your game as well =). They are fun to make, though hard at the same time XD
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

#5 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Thanks for the reply, recently over the past two years ive noticed a trend in my though process on what is and isnt normal when it comes to weight, in the process i wound up drawing my females a bit fuller, which amazingly enough is something every artist should try. It actually helps quite a bit with your art to vary your character bodies.

I wanted to relax tonight so I did up a quick sketch for fun, not sure how close this is to what you were looking for or not. This might be a tad too small still, but its about where my comfort zone is for drawing it without spending a lot of time looking at references, which kinda defeats the purpose of doing a - for fun drawing XD
chubbygirl1.png

pocoscon
Regular

#6 Post by pocoscon »

astrokeofmadness wrote:Thanks for the reply, recently over the past two years ive noticed a trend in my though process on what is and isnt normal when it comes to weight, in the process i wound up drawing my females a bit fuller, which amazingly enough is something every artist should try. It actually helps quite a bit with your art to vary your character bodies.

I wanted to relax tonight so I did up a quick sketch for fun, not sure how close this is to what you were looking for or not. This might be a tad too small still, but its about where my comfort zone is for drawing it without spending a lot of time looking at references, which kinda defeats the purpose of doing a - for fun drawing XD
chubbygirl1.png
That's a good example of what I'm looking for actually =). Sadly, I don't know if many would draw this. There's nothing bad about being big boned right :( ?

Yosh'
Tumblr: friedyosheggs
Deviantart: Polka-Dotted-Yoshi

#7 Post by Yosh' »

Hello!
I've been eyeballing this project here for a couple of days and I wanted to give a shout-out that I'm interested in it. :'D
I love the idea you've got going on.

For health reasons, I've had to stay at home without a job for the past year so I've been drawing a lot lately. I've also been considering trying to offer my services for a free visual novel. This one is really catching my attention and I'm only speaking up now because I've been super timid about approaching you about this. xD

If you'd like, I can even post a few examples of completed work on deviantART so you could get a better idea on what I can do. :>

I attached a couple of files to this post here.
For Mari, I thought if she was a tomboy and shy at the same time, she might still dress in a feminine way but still have her quirks.

Phew. Sorry if I rambled! I feel a bit shy because I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go about replying to your post. :)
/is lame
Find my art at these pages!
tumblr | deviantART | pixiv

pocoscon
Regular

#8 Post by pocoscon »

Yosh' wrote:Hello!
I've been eyeballing this project here for a couple of days and I wanted to give a shout-out that I'm interested in it. :'D
I love the idea you've got going on.

For health reasons, I've had to stay at home without a job for the past year so I've been drawing a lot lately. I've also been considering trying to offer my services for a free visual novel. This one is really catching my attention and I'm only speaking up now because I've been super timid about approaching you about this. xD

If you'd like, I can even post a few examples of completed work on deviantART so you could get a better idea on what I can do. :>

I attached a couple of files to this post here.
For Mari, I thought if she was a tomboy and shy at the same time, she might still dress in a feminine way but still have her quirks.

Phew. Sorry if I rambled! I feel a bit shy because I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go about replying to your post. :)
/is lame
I'm super grateful you were into this project. I like your style. It's realistic and I know that's not easy to do that. However, it's just not quite what I'm looking for. Still, you should post it around and offer your work up. I think a lot of people will like your style =).

Ps-I'm sorry you're having health issues. I hope things are alright =(