Seeking Concept Artist(s) for Humanoid Monsters

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

Seeking Concept Artist(s) for Humanoid Monsters

#1 Post by Ghost #9 »

I am currently in the midst of developing a project titled Ghost Folly, but it has come to my attention that designing non-human characters is not my forte. For the moment, I need precisely ten characters designed. I am less concerned with style than I am with design creativity. Thus, I would be more than happy to accept designs from multiple artists. Any contributors will be fully credited! The designs must all be humanoid to at least some degree, but beyond that each artist is free to let their creative juices flow. I will be providing a bio for all ten characters, though, so the artist(s) won't be going in completely blind.

To give a bit of an overview for what Ghost Folly is all about, it is centered around a non-human called Nine (featured in my avatar). Nine is one of eleven non-humans who through various circumstances have been forced to work for a group of individuals known only as The Bosses. Their roles in the organization vary, but their ultimate goal is to keep other non-humans in line. Nine was given the role of a detective of sorts. His tasks range from tracking down (and subduing) dangerous suspects, to recovering powerful artifacts stolen from the other world (that is, the world from which all non-humans hail). Unfortunately, Nine is one of the few in the organization who is actually competent. The result is a lot of wacky hijinks and unnecessary setbacks, but Nine prides himself on always completing his assignments.

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

Re: Seeking Concept Artist(s) for Humanoid Monsters

#2 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

"Non-human" covers a lot of ground. Are you picturing humanoid characters? I notice that your avatar does look mostly human-shaped. Is that the visual you're looking for in the other characters? Do the classic monster races like vampires/werewolves/etc fit? More off the beaten track things like Wendigos and walking trees? Things that don't look even a little human such as heaps of testicles and sentient balls of fire?

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#3 Post by Laiska »

Could you give a little more information about the general tone/setting of the game as well? Judging by Nine I would guess you have kind of a Noir theme going, but is that actually the case? Is the game more humorous? Dark?

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

#4 Post by Ghost #9 »

Flowers from Nowhere - I'm looking for monsters of the humanoid variety. I actually mentioned this in my post up there. : P
For me, that covers a lot of ground, though. I want to give the artist a good bit of freedom, but I will provide some ideas of my own. I definitely don't want any particular mythical creatures. But, I'm fine with designs that incorporate animal-esque characteristics. Nothing too grotesque.
Also, quote for the humour:
Flowers from Nowhere wrote:Things that don't look even a little human such as heaps of testicles...
Laiska - Ghost Folly sort of parodies detective fiction, particularly of the hardboiled variety. It incorporates gangster themes and humour (sometimes edging into dark territory), with some sci-fi and government conspiracy mixed in.

Inksword
Regular
Tumblr: inksword

#5 Post by Inksword »

I'm a bit busy right now so I can't promise a quick turn around, but I'm interested in at least throwing a few sketches your way! If you're interested I'd love to see the profiles you have as a starting off point. My art thread is >>here<< though I don't have a ton of creature design in there. Let me know if you're interested! I love the sounds of the game so far (noir and monsters who could ask for more!)