"your highness" currently seeking proofreaders and critics!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

"your highness" currently seeking proofreaders and critics!

#1 Post by Snowflower »

Hello LS world :D
it's jenna here aka snowflower on LS. Anyways "your highness" is my current GxB visual novel right now, and the rough draft scripts are coming to an end.

For more information about the actual game, please head over to right here to check it out!

That being said, I am currently in the WIP stage of the art, as well as implementing the music into the script. Currently at 71K word count with couple more scenes per path needing to be done. Once I am finished with the dialogue portion of the game, I will be needing both proofreaders && critics to look over the general script.

Obviously, the proofreader(s) would require at least basic knowledge of the English grammar.
I myself am an English major at a university in the States but I tend to look past grammar stuff on my own work sometimes. Therefore, I need the LS's help on that :D
Critics would require people to give reviews back on what are working and what seems terrible and bland. As my baby project, it's natural for me to go soft on critiquing. So I need outside pairs of eyes to help me figure out what's working in the plot and what's needed in it.

I don't have a set # of people per role. But since it is fairly lengthy script, I would suggest people who would be genuinely interested and would give feedbacks

Thanks guys! :D

EDIT:
I can also divide the script per obtainable guy as well
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

anon2045
Regular

Re: "your highness" currently seeking proofreaders and criti

#2 Post by anon2045 »

I'll be happy to proofread/critique for you. The story sounds interesting and I love GxB games (I also tend to like the proofreading/editing part of writing more than the writing part), so I think it would be pretty neat thing to do in my spare time. Is there any other qualifications you're looking for though? I've been an editor/proofreader a few times, but those were rather casual one-time affairs, rather than ongoing long projects. If you are okay with my inexperience and still have an open spot, send me a pm.

ColaCat
Veteran

#3 Post by ColaCat »

I'd be happy to help.

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#4 Post by CSV »

I could be a proofreader and maybe offer a little critique, if you need help. =) Still, I must ask if the script has any mature/perverted content, as that is something I really can't handle. The development post says nothing of it, so I wanted to know...
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#5 Post by Snowflower »

anon2045 wrote:I'll be happy to proofread/critique for you. The story sounds interesting and I love GxB games (I also tend to like the proofreading/editing part of writing more than the writing part), so I think it would be pretty neat thing to do in my spare time. Is there any other qualifications you're looking for though? I've been an editor/proofreader a few times, but those were rather casual one-time affairs, rather than ongoing long projects. If you are okay with my inexperience and still have an open spot, send me a pm.
Hi :D of course! Im in the process of trying to finish up my script this week and we'll be in touch!

ColaCat wrote:I'd be happy to help.
Perfect!!
CSV wrote:I could be a proofreader and maybe offer a little critique, if you need help. =) Still, I must ask if the script has any mature/perverted content, as that is something I really can't handle. The development post says nothing of it, so I wanted to know...
NOPE! No perverted content!! the most "mature" stuff in it is like.... 4 cuss words..... LOL which is like nothing
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#6 Post by CSV »

Okay, if that's the case, then I'd be glad to help. :)
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Mistik
Regular

#7 Post by Mistik »

Suck at proofreading, but would be happy to critique. Just send me what you want me to critique and when, consider it done......unless zombies.

ColaCat
Veteran

#8 Post by ColaCat »

Just send me a PM when I'm needed. I look forward to hearing from you.

violetwhispers

#9 Post by violetwhispers »

If you still have an extra spot I'll be happy to help with proofreading and if you want I can critic as well :)

sailormarymoon
Deviantart: sailormarymoon

#10 Post by sailormarymoon »

I'll be willing to help out with both.

Midori-chan

#11 Post by Midori-chan »

Hi snowflower, I can help you out with both proofreading and critique! I'm also an English major and do a lot of editing for work and my club :)

Meyismyname
Projects: Unplanned Amour, Last Stanza

#12 Post by Meyismyname »

I'd love to help if you still need any. I absolutely love proofreading! My specialties include, but are not limited to commas, spelling, commas, contractions and apostrophe placement, and commas.