Recruiting a writer, colorist and BG, CG artists

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Agnese1304
Regular
Projects: Silver Crown Bakery
Deviantart: Ageha1304
Discord: Ageha#0015

Recruiting a writer, colorist and BG, CG artists

#1 Post by Agnese1304 »

Hello everyone!
So I have started working on a project and naturally I need some people to help me out. Unfortunately, I cannot offer nothing more than place in credits for now, so please take that into account before you continue to read this post.

My story is about a girl (who is yet have a name), who since very young age has served as a slave/maid in a rich household. Her life wasn't particularly hard, she just had to do some simple chores around the house, but girl knew nothing of love, since masters didn't really care what happens to her. For them she was just a useful tool. However at age of 8 girl was sold to another rich man who intended to rise her as a bride to prince of kingdom. At first his daughter was to wed the prince, but since the King died poor boy had lost his mind. Naturally, lord didn't want to marry his daughter to the crazy prince, so he took heroine in as a replacement.

This is just the basic idea of story, it can (and it already is) go in different directions. There's not much I can say of story, but I can say that will most likely (but I might change my mind) be a fantasy otome game with one heroine and few guys for her to pursue. I'm not sure how many, as I am trying not to force the ideas and just let them come naturally. Concept of two guys is more or less ready but nothing is written in stone, most likely more guys will come. If you are interested you can write me a PM to find out more of what I have planned and done so far.

Sneak peak at one of guys lineart

Image Image
Sneak peak of main character in her dress and regular outfit

So what do I expect from you if you want to join me?
[*]If you're a writer - I expect you to have decent knowledge of English and its grammar. If you don't want to, you don't have to think of story line (if you do then by all means you are free to leave your suggestions), but I expect that you can at least follow the story line I will provide.
[*]If you're a colorist - I expect you to be able to color stuff.... Well, naturally it's more than just using bucket tool to fill in everything, that much I can do myself. I want some shadows and lights too.
[*]If you're a CG artist - I expect pretty art in all possible ways, poses and places. I would like it very much if you could just make a CG out of description.
[*]If you're a BG artist - I expect that you can make half-way decent backgrounds. I don't ask for much, since legit backgrounds artists obviously can get a paying job, but I ask that you at least make background according to description. It doesn't have be perfect, just as long as it fits in with characters.

You can contact me through PM or my skype, whichever one you prefer, where we can discuss any questions you might have. Also if such a miracle happens that more than one person applies for the same spot, I will give them a test and choose the best one for my project. Sorry, but for now I only need one for each occupation.

Garganta

Re: Recruiting a writer, colorist and BG, CG artists

#2 Post by Garganta »

I have sent you a PM.I am applying for the position of writer :) .

Agnese1304
Regular

#3 Post by Agnese1304 »

I've read your message. Your English and grammar seem good, but I want to see if anyone else applies for writer's position.

Mogwai

#4 Post by Mogwai »

Hi.

I would like to offer myself as a writer, but I must warn you that I have no real experience.

If possible, I would like to not act as a writer, but help whoever you choose as a writer. Proofreading, for instance, or assisting in plot planning and character development if he/she accepts my help.

Or, if you wanna jump to the pool, I can act as writer, but I'm not too confident about my abilities (My writing up to two months ago was always linear-based, no branched).

Tl;dr: I would like to assist whoever you choose as writer, if he/she accepts my help.

Thanks for reading,
Mogwai's out.

Kikaharu
Regular

#5 Post by Kikaharu »

This is an interesting story line. I can tell you really don't have much information about it which is a nice thing so that a writer can flesh it out and make it a bit of their own style. I feel like it would be something cool to try writing about, though I tend to not finish stories so I won't apply for it. But if you or the writer you pick need more ideas for it or to help bounce around ideas to figure out a spot you are stuck on, I can always try to help out.

Agnese1304
Regular

#6 Post by Agnese1304 »

Thank you for the offer Kikaharu, but I don't want to recruit more people than I need. For now I do not need an idea bouncer, but if I ever need one, I'll be sure to remember you! :)

As for Mogwai, I sent you PM.

zozolovesyou
Deviantart: manamilovesyou

#7 Post by zozolovesyou »

i could do the coloring (im not the BEST but i can do it ) or the writing, also if you get stuck on the story i can help you out like, say on the names i can give you ideas, im pretty good at that stuff ^-^

Agnese1304
Regular

#8 Post by Agnese1304 »

The writer position is already taken, but you colorist position is free for now.

I would like to see some examples first, as your deviantart account doesn't have much.

Vennete

#9 Post by Vennete »

If your interested, I can quite help you. Here is my lemmasoft thread :lol:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=30714

Agnese1304
Regular

#10 Post by Agnese1304 »

I sent you a PM, Vennete.

Agnese1304
Regular

#11 Post by Agnese1304 »

Bumping this up, since our colorist bailed.... and I mean bailed to the point that they deleted their account.

So I am recruiting more writers (no more than two) and a colorist. Background artist would be appreciated too.

Also if you're not ready to commit to a long term project then please don't apply. You're just confusing people and honestly that's not very nice. Person recruiting you then feels awful. And for those who are ready to apply knowing this, you should also note that I am rather strict. I shall forgive no plot holes!
Thank you! :)

a_rivassilva
Tumblr: a-rivassilva
Deviantart: reploid

#12 Post by a_rivassilva »

I offer myself as colourist. you can check my works on my deviantart www.reploid.deviantart.com :D

Agnese1304
Regular

#13 Post by Agnese1304 »

Sent you a PM.