[Closed] Voice Actress wanted for v2

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
sonorousgem
Regular

[Closed] Voice Actress wanted for v2

#1 Post by sonorousgem »

title.png
Valentine’s Rush is a short, light BxG VN that follows a high school freshman’s life prior to Valentine’s Day as the days’ pace unexpectedly quickens.
The script (and the first version of the game itself) is actually completed; it has about 16,800 words. Any changes to it in this version (the second version) will be minor.

At the moment, I need voices for 4 male and 3 female characters ONE female character!!. Because this is a free project (I am a student lol), the roles will not be paid. Sorry...!

I am currently working on the second version, but I hope to release it at least by Valentine’s Day of next year (2016). The earlier the better...! Though this project does not require as much commitment as some, I will expect you to work responsibly and in a timely manner. :)

Recording Information:
- Please record in either a ".wav" or ".mp3" format!
- Save recorded files as "username_character-name_line#.wav" or "username_character-name_line#.mp3" such as "sonorousgem_kina_3.wav"
- Send files to velvet.stuffy@gmail.com or via pm (with link to your soundcloud or dropbox, whatever has the file in it)
- Feel free to include demo reels if you like.

Miscellaneous Info:
- Soft deadline FOR KINA is currently Saturday, May 16, 2015 June 30, 2015.
- I may have callbacks for certain roles if necessary.
- You don't have to go by your real name if you prefer otherwise.
- There is NO profanity or 18+ content in any of the roles.
- If you are cast, I may ask to contact you via phone or video chat.

MALE CHARACTERS:
[attachment=4]kenny e1.png[/attachment] Kenny Carter- ~380 lines (APPROXIMATE in case script changes. Or in case I counted wrong. Yes I counted all 380 lines.)
Bio: Your typical introverted high school freshman who tries to balance his favorite video game with his mom's high expectations. Kind-hearted, hard-working, polite, awkward. A little wimpy and not very excitable, but a good guy overall.
Suggested Voice Type: medium, calm
Audition Lines:
1. Are you serious?! My mom’s not getting me that until I get A's in all my classes!
2. (annoyed) You're spamming my inbox and I don't have enough time to read and respond.
3. O-oh, are you done helping everyone yet?
4. (happy) 50 percent off any medium sized pizza! Awesome!

[attachment=3]jeremy e1.png[/attachment] Jeremy Castro- ~54 lines
Bio: Kenny's best friend since preschool and video game buddy. Outgoing despite his geeky aura. Often neglects his studies but does well anyway because he's a genius.
Suggested Voice Type: medium high, slightly goofy
Audition Lines:
1. No way! But that's not until June, dude! They're gonna come out with PoOP [pronounced "poop" in case that wasn't obvious] Supah Fine Beyond Platinum or something!
2. (amused) Nerdy Paige got hot, huh? So she doesn't have a fashion sense that's worse than mine anymore?
3. (sarcastically) Yeah, it's not like we've been in the same class for a whole semester already.

[attachment=2]jay e4.png[/attachment] Jay Noritake- ~108 lines
Bio: A fun-loving guy who loves teasing people, but has a big heart. Sarcastic; gives off a bold, laid-back vibe.
Suggested Voice Type: medium, witty
Audition Lines:
1. Well? You can just say it, shy boy. I wanna hear everything you have to say to her.
2. (crossly) So that's what's been happening, huh? You've just been moving from guy to guy?
3. (encouragingly) I'm glad for you.
4. Hahaha! That was actually pretty fun! A day in the sad life of Kenny Carter!

Mr. Noritake- 12 lines (This role is the least demanding! Should be over with before any of the other characters!) (Also, he will have a sprite eventually.)
Bio: Jay's estranged father and Kina's uncle. Has same sense of humor as Jay (perhaps what Jay would be like as a middle-aged man), likes comic books.
Suggested Voice Type: middle-aged, humorous
Audition Lines:
1. But I quit it a while back, and here is my own son, guts enough to confront me and forgive me! A double whammy!
2. (in awe) And you listened?! I have greater respect for you already, Kenny.
3. That means a lot to me, son.

FEMALE CHARACTERS:
[attachment=1]paige e2.png[/attachment] Paige Martel- ~258 lines
Bio: A bouncy, spontaneous girl who knew Kenny and his family as a kid before moving away. Headstrong, stubborn, argumentative, but kind and slightly insecure. Likes puppies, makeup, and creating things.
Suggested Voice Type: medium high to high, excitable
Audition Lines:
1. OH MY GOSH. KENNY, IT IS YOU!! It's been forever!!!
2. (angry) That was sarcasm, Kenny! Of course you should care when your GIRLFRIEND is hungry! And independent of our relationship, you should still care because I am hungry!
3. (doubtful) It's just that... I've thrown myself... and now you, into these flings without much thought. And when I kissed you, I could tell you were really hesitant. Most dudes just go along with it.
4. Yes! And it's all your fault! You know I broke up with you last year because you suddenly decided to leave!

[attachment=0]kina e1.png[/attachment] Kina Fujiki- ~112 lines [ONLY ROLE STILL OPEN]
Bio: Kenny's English classmate and initial crush. Sweet and gentle; she volunteers at the library.
Suggested Voice Type: medium to medium high, soft (emotionally, not necessarily in volume)
Audition Lines:
1. (informative) ECRO usually only happens for special events, but since teachers felt that students' analytical literature essays as a whole were subpar, they decided to offer it.
2. (sad) No, I... I was in his way. I understand. I'll... I'll respect that.
3. Thanks for spending Valentine's Day with me, Kenny. I'm happy we got to know each other at the library—of all places—and that you're sparing a part of your busy life to come eat with me.
4. (embarrassed) I'm sorry if you thought it was weird...! I just... didn't think... you would do anything because... (trails off)

1. Pleasure! I, um, guess you already know who I am though.
2. Um, Kenny, would you mind going to another table? There are… um, other people… that...
3. A-anyways, I just wanted to say that was really great. For you to help her, I mean.

Voice References:
(You don't have to listen to the entire clip, just the few words/sentences I've linked to until someone else starts talking. :)
- https://youtu.be/LSGkidt23Pw?t=26s
- https://youtu.be/TsKD-9raW8M?t=40s
- https://youtu.be/fxw6U8yFF28?t=10m34s (doesn't have to sound as soft as this)
All these samples are pretty high, and if your voice sounds more natural lower, I'd prefer that. :)

Mrs. Carter- ~46 lines (She will have a sprite eventually.)
Bio: Kenny's mom (she's a single parent). Strict, often reprimands him; keeps him in line. She tries to show love in ways other than speech, misses the days when Kenny was little.
Suggested Voice Type: medium low, sensible, firm
Audition Lines:
1. It's been ages and you've grown up so much! Ugh, you're so beautiful!
2. She was going to high school in France, but she found out about this really prestigious engineering program—that you should have applied for, ahem—here in the states. She and her family corresponded with me and we decided to host her while she attended the program. She'll also be going to Mitchell Wood Elite High School during her stay. Which you should have been accepted into, ahem.
3. Kenny, did you triple check to make sure you had all your homework?
4. (lenient) Maybe you won’t be a rocket scientist, Kenny... I'm letting that go.

I will let you know via pm or email once I've received your audition. :) For more information about the game (and perhaps to see the characters and lines in context), please I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you visit http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=31389.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment or send me a pm or email! Thanks!

edit 5/22/15: THE PARTIAL CAST LIST IS UP!!! A huge thank you to everyone who has auditioned!! <3

Cast:
Kenny- John Go (backup Shockuh)
Paige- Jin (backup beredriel)
Jay- Mach II
Jeremy- Alex Mai
Mrs. Carter- Holly Lindin (backup Lezlie Moore)
Mr. Noritake- Cryptic Ghost

Note that if you auditioned for Kina and want to audition again, you can ask me in a comment or email for feedback (just know that I may not respond immediately as I will be choosing voice references for her among other things my internet sucks :( ).
Attachments
KINA the shy girl
KINA the shy girl
PAIGE the family friend
PAIGE the family friend
JAY the rival?!
JAY the rival?!
JEREMY the bff
JEREMY the bff
KENNY the protagonist
KENNY the protagonist
kenny e1.png (23.92 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
Last edited by sonorousgem on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

Jin
Regular
Projects: Ephemeral (Writer), Woman of Xal (Singer for Demo/VO), Cute Demon Crashers (VO), Ashes of Destruction (Writer)
Soundcloud: anairisqui

Re: Voice Actors/Actresses wanted for Valentine's Rush v2

#2 Post by Jin »

I love the designs. <3

Sent you an email!

sonorousgem
Regular

#3 Post by sonorousgem »

Received! Thank you :)

sonorousgem
Regular

#4 Post by sonorousgem »

Please note that the deadline I've set for all auditions is Saturday, May 16, 2015, but I will probably open up another round for certain characters.
I would love to hear more auditions for Kenny, Mr. Noritake, Jeremy and Kina :)
Last edited by sonorousgem on Tue May 12, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jezebelthenun
Regular
Projects: Currently working on my first VN entitled "Lovely End"

#5 Post by jezebelthenun »

Kina audition sent!

Cute concept!
Please fill out this short VN Preference survey!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2XH6MJ8

sonorousgem
Regular

#6 Post by sonorousgem »

Auditions are currently closed! Thank you to everyone who has auditioned!!! :D I may or may not hold another round.
The cast list should be posted within the next couple of weeks. My partner in crime is temporarily leaving civilization for a week and I want her to approve the potential cast beforehand, so I apologize for the delay!!

sonorousgem
Regular

Re: [CLOSED] Voice Actors/Actresses wanted for v2

#7 Post by sonorousgem »

THE PARTIAL CAST LIST IS UP!!! A huge thank you to everyone who has auditioned!! <3

Cast:
Kenny- John Go (backup Shockuh)
Paige- Jin (backup beredriel)
Jay- Mach II
Jeremy- Alex Mai
Mrs. Carter- Holly Lindin (backup Lezlie Moore)
Mr. Noritake- Cryptic Ghost

I will be hosting a second round of auditions for *Kina Fujiki* soon. If you auditioned for Kina and want to audition again, you can ask me in a comment or email for feedback (just know that I may not respond immediately as I will be choosing voice references for her among other things).

sonorousgem
Regular

Re: [CLOSED] Voice Actors/Actresses wanted for v2

#8 Post by sonorousgem »

Auditions are now open for Kina but due to my inability to access the internet half as much as I was able to before, I do not have time to update the post. Note that the lines are different!!!!!
If interested, please audition on the site linked here, or email me with the new lines posted there: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/mem ... Kina-only/

edit: updated post with right deadlines, lines, and reference vids.