Umineko - A Fan Game (Recruiting for Composer and Assistant)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost
Organization: Afterthought Studios
Tumblr: letsafterthoughtstudios

Umineko - A Fan Game (Recruiting for Composer and Assistant)

#1 Post by Barzini »

Welcome to Rokkenjima. We hope you enjoy your stay here, at the island owned by the famous Ushiromiya family.

Umineko, the highly acclaimed game from 07th Expansion, revolves around a series of mysterious murders - Is this the work of a human? Or is a higher power involved?

As a fan of the Umineko series, as much as I felt that the "Magic" ending was beautiful, I felt unsatisfied - And hence, I aim to create a new "game board" that would allow me to bring an alternative twist to the conclusion of the events that happened on Rokkenjima.

Afterthought Studios is currently recruiting for a composer and someone who can assist in sorting all the art assets that we have for the convenience of the lead writer and programmer.

Composer
I believe we will be having mostly orchestral pieces or music with a tense atmosphere - I mean, hey, you're being hunted by stakes flying around and stabbing people! If you can compose and get a vocalist to help you, it will be an even bigger bonus!

If you have a showcase of your past works, it will be great!

Assistant
Hey, don't laugh at this post. Do you know how many sprites, backgrounds and effects Umineko has? I need someone to help me go through them and mark them on the script for the convenience of the programmer. People with experience in reading the visual novels are preferred - Because you know whom exactly I'm referring to and the type of clothes that they are wearing (Yes, the characters have different clothes)

07th Expansion has always been supportive of fan works and I hope that this will be a great story that can be shared with other Umineko fans. If you are interested, just reply to this topic and I'd get back to you as soon as possible!
Founder of Afterthought Studios

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

Ritaka

Re: Umineko - A Fan Game (Recruiting for Composer and Assist

#2 Post by Ritaka »

Hi there! I've been a big fan of the Umineko series for years now, and would love to help out with a project like this!
I'd like to offer my assistance as a composer, as I believe I'm pretty well acquainted with the "feel" of the Umineko soundtrack. (Having it on loop for hours on end will do that... Ahaha~)

A sample of some of my work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnXCz8bg8Fs

I usually wander around this forum to check out other people's projects, but this specific one drew me to make an account and see what I could do.

Looking forward to a response!

Ziassan
Veteran

#3 Post by Ziassan »

Just curious about why you want new soundtrack while using the art assets from the game, since music & art are on the same "asset level" after all. Only an honnest question, really.
edit : thanks, didn't look in depth into the 07th assets legal thingy.
Last edited by Ziassan on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost
Organization: Afterthought Studios
Tumblr: letsafterthoughtstudios

#4 Post by Barzini »

Ziassan wrote:Just curious about why you want new soundtrack while using the art assets from the game, since music & art are on the same "asset level" after all. Only an honnest question, really.
Only art assets belong to 07th Expansion :) Music and everything else belongs to a commercial license that 07th used :)
Founder of Afterthought Studios

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power