[Closed] Experienced Developer Seeking Production Assistant

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

[Closed] Experienced Developer Seeking Production Assistant

#1 Post by kaleidofish »

Hello!

We're [Ouroboros Connect], and we're looking to recruit a Production Assistant (PA) to assist in key areas to help finish up projects! We've produced works such as "In This Dream Of Ours," a feudal Japan drama, "The Mishka Effect," a time travel comedy adventure, and "Saving Zoey," a haunted house thriller. Our focus is mainly on writing, though of course we don't neglect the other areas.

The ideal Production Assistant:
- Will guard schedules and deadlines, and keep an eye that we meet them
- Negotiates changes of necessity when the scope of ambition exceeds the scope of possibility
- Identifies weaknesses in writing and helps eliminate them
- Helps brainstorm ideas and talk about story direction
- Assists with various parts of the production process (e.g., finding appropriate assets, playtesting, project management, basic coding as-needed)

Don't meet all of those points? No problem! The above is merely our best case scenario, but we're willing to work with anyone who has the ambition to help us complete projects and meet deadlines. Your first assignment will be to help in the release of Everything Around a Bridge, a short kinetic novel collection that needs music and some final pushes to get released. We'll use that assignment to help determine how well we work together. Your second assignment will be to help with the remake of In This Dream of Ours.

What we can offer in return:
- Mentorship in all areas of VN development; our vast experience producing Visual Novels has us well-equipped to share that knowledge with others. While writing is our forte, we have close contacts that we can refer you to for help in other areas.
- Our own assistance in your projects as storyboard and writing assistant; for writing samples refer to this page

At this time, our pockets are not so deep that we can spare financial compensation for your work, but we'd be happy to accommodate you in various ways. Just ask, and we can talk about what we can do for you.

We look forward to hearing from you!

kaleidofish
[Ouroboros Connect]
Last edited by kaleidofish on Mon May 04, 2015 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

Re: Experienced Developer Seeking Production Assistant

#2 Post by Kailoto »

Oooh, sounds interesting. I guess I'll be leaving my information here, then.

I should be able to keep on top of deadlines and corral people when necessary; I don't have any other active projects and am a full-blown NEET until this fall. My strong areas are writing and story planning, so if you need someone to proof read scripts or help out with scenario or character designs, I'm your guy. No art talent, although I have worked with other artists before, and I've got all the basics of Ren'Py scripting down.

I should be able to connect via email and Skype, and others means as well if necessary. Shouldn't need anything in return except for a name in the credits and a chance to talk with some cool people. Oh, and my favorite cereal is plain ol' Rice Krispies - eat 'em straight from the box when I can.

Let me know if you have any other questions. (^_^ )

~ Kailoto
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

Re: Experienced Developer Seeking Production Assistant

#3 Post by kaleidofish »

Closing this thread now. Thank you everyone who's responded. I got more messages than I expected. I'll send everyone a PM with further questions within the next day or so!
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.