Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven (spanish translation)help needed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven (spanish translation)help needed

#1 Post by firecat »

i wanted to take some time off on my current project and work on a small translation project. thats when i remember 'The Raven' that i read at school. the only problem was that it never been for spanish so we had to read it at english. very few understand its meaning and so thats why i'm translating this story and even adding sound to make it more real.

this is how the raven will look

i need help on some small things, if anyone can help that will be great.

voice actors - need someone to sound like a man, also the raven talks but its part has only one word "Nevermore".

GUI artist - its a long shot but oh well.

music - needs to be intense and nearly silent music to give the reader some kind of supernatural feeling.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what i will do (you guys should know this from the sentence):

i will translate the poem

i will program everything

i will make the backgrounds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this VN will be a kinetic novel and will be short to maybe about 1 hour worth of someone's time.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

Re: Edgar Allan Poe - The Raven (spanish translation)help ne

#2 Post by truefaiterman »

Do you need the voices in English or Spanish? If it's in English I can try and record a quick audition for you, but my main language is Spanish (and I have professional experience as a voice actor in such language).

I have no experience with GUI, but if I can help in that regard, it should work wonders as a practise!

Also, the picture doesn't work, it shows a "no hotlink" image.
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#3 Post by firecat »

truefaiterman wrote:Do you need the voices in English or Spanish? If it's in English I can try and record a quick audition for you, but my main language is Spanish (and I have professional experience as a voice actor in such language).

I have no experience with GUI, but if I can help in that regard, it should work wonders as a practise!

Also, the picture doesn't work, it shows a "no hotlink" image.
the voice in spanish, heres the script you be using:
Es un visitante
Tocando en mi puerta cámara Sólo esto y nada más
Es un visitante que quiere entrar en mi habitación puerta- Algunos visitantes finales que quiere entrar en la puerta de mi cámara; - Esta es y nada más
Señor
o señora, en verdad vuestro perdón imploro; Pero el hecho es que estaba durmiendo la siesta, y con tanta suavidad que llegó a rapear, Y tan débilmente que vino golpeando, golpeando en mi puerta de la cámara, Que yo era escaso que os oía
Lenore?
Sin duda
ciertamente algo sucede en mi celosía; Déjame ver, entonces, lo que en ellas es, y este misterio explore- Que mi corazón llegue un momento y explorar este misterio; - ¡Es el viento y nada más!
A pesar de ser despojado tu cresta y afeitada, tú
A pesar de ser despojado tu cresta y afeitada, tú, dije, arte que ningún cobarde, ghastly lúgubre y antiguo cuervo vagando por la noche playeros dime lo que tu nombre señorial está en la orilla plutoniano de la noche!
Otros amigos han volado antes- al día siguiente, él me dejará, como mis esperanzas han volado antes
Sin duda
lo que se pronuncia es su única acción y tienda cogido de algún maestro infeliz quien Desastres despiadado seguido rápido y seguido más rápido hasta que sus canciones una carga bore
Hasta que las endechas de su esperanza de que ánima carga melancólica De 'Nunca-nunca más'
Miserable
Tu Dios te ha prestado por estos ángeles te ha enviado respiro-tregua de nepente de tus recuerdos de Leonora; apura, oh, apura este dulce nepente y olvida a tu ausente Leonora!
¡Profeta!
Cosa del mal -prophet aún así, si pájaro o demonio! - ya sea tentador enviado, o si la tempestad te arrojó a este refugio, desolado e impávido, a esta desértica tierra enchanted
Mí en esta casa por Horror perseguido a contar de cierto os implore- es allí, hay bálsamo en Galaad?
¡Dile Mí me-digo, imploro!
Cosa del mal! prophet Aún así, si pájaro o demonio! por ese cielo que se curva sobre nosotros, por ese Dios que ambos adore
Dile a esta alma abrumada de penas si en el remoto Edén tendrá en sus brazos a una santa doncella los ángeles llaman Lenore, sus brazos a una rara y radiante doncella a quien los ángeles llaman Leonor!
Sea esa palabra nuestra señal de partida pájaro o espíritu maligno!
¡Vuelve a la tempestad y de la orilla plutoniano de la noche!
No dejes pluma negro como muestra de que el alma de tu mentira hath hablado!
Deja mi soledad intacta! QUIT El busto encima de mi puerta toma tu pico de mi corazón y tu figura del dintel de mi puerta!
and the Raven part
Nunca más
its not very long only when he talks the voice will play, the VN is based on the original works not a soft copy from someone else. i also want to mention that some words were too hard to understand so i used google translate.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#4 Post by truefaiterman »

Ok then, PM me with the text (if possible both in English and in Spanish, I'm also starting to work as a translator, so I can check it out with you, I see some weird stuff in the script) and the picture. If you prefer it, you can give me your Skype or email so we can look at it further.
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

#5 Post by burnt_offering »

Does the Raven really translate into other languages well? The metre is basically the point of the whole thing.
[url]http:\\aceofspades@vnovel.com[/url]
Or just follow me at @AceOfSpades_VN

Amitte Sukku

#6 Post by Amitte Sukku »

I can translate the English version to Polish, if you would like me? :3
Order yours today!