Flowers For Me: Looking for Editor

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Hijitoki
Regular
Projects: Flowers For Me(VN)

Flowers For Me: Looking for Editor

#1 Post by Hijitoki »

Hello! :)

Development

Recruitment:
-Writer: Co-writer willing to work with two editors/proofreaders. Helps writing common and path routes.
*Current writing progress isn't efficient and can be better since writing isn't my forte

-Background Artist: Range from simple rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms, and kitchens to cities and forestry. Roughly 6-7 needed for the demo. 10-12 overall for the game.

-Editor: As right now, the editors is going through some difficult life circumstances. Majority of the script is finished and needs to be checked and edited

Flowers For Me is a free game, so I won't be able to pay for your services. However, we can negotiate a trade(I'm an artist and programmer) or I can pay little extra.

Project
Title: Flowers For Me
Genre: Slice of Life, Comedy, Drama, Romance
Plot:
Recently graduated from high school, Lucille Walker’s left exhausted and stressed at the end. She’s ready to move away from high school, the drama, and especially the people she knew back then. College is within sights, and she wants to be away.

Except she doesn’t know what to do.

With summer at her door, she’s been invited by grandmother back to Walden, her mother’s hometown far away from the familiar big city. There, she’s offered a part-time job at her grandmother’s flower shop and towards a chance at a new lifestyle, and new encounters. Will Lucille be able to put her life back together? Will she be able to find her true passion? May she possibly find love in the process?

Progress:
Currently, I'm working on this project with two other people since December 2014. As of right now, we're about halfway done with the demo and have been working consistently on it.

Requirements
-Dedicated worker: Able to keep contact with me once a week
-Willing to work with others
-Have a crazy artistic flair

If you are interested, please either drop a reply here, PM me, or email me at mhoan009@gmail.com :D. Please include samples of your work. Any questions, feel free to ask! I look forward to working with you soon!
Last edited by Hijitoki on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Kikaharu
Regular

Re: Flowers For Me: Looking for Writer and BG Artist

#2 Post by Kikaharu »

In what way is the writing not efficient? Like writing but not writing enough or getting stuck at spots or not a good flow for the story? I know you said writing isn't your forte but just curious as to where the problems are happening. :)

Hijitoki
Regular

#3 Post by Hijitoki »

I'm not able to articulate my thoughts properly or objective right into words. I often get stuck in places and can't do a good job maintaining low to the story.
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Kikaharu
Regular

#4 Post by Kikaharu »

Hijitoki wrote:I'm not able to articulate my thoughts properly or objective right into words. I often get stuck in places and can't do a good job maintaining low to the story.

Ah, also is there a set amount of paths so far? Like you have an idea of how many paths you want or is that still all questionable? And how long of a game are you planning to have it. Like a short story, okay length or a really long one? I know its set for Summer so like 3 months how packed full of different things to be able to do? Like story lines for the week and choices a few to make during the week? or many choices throughout the week like a choice a day (like go to the store or library and you pick one something like that) or where you have multiple choices in a day like you pick a place for morning, noon, afternoon, and night (something like that.) Just being curious on all this. :)

Hijitoki
Regular

#5 Post by Hijitoki »

Kikaharu wrote:
Hijitoki wrote:I'm not able to articulate my thoughts properly or objective right into words. I often get stuck in places and can't do a good job maintaining low to the story.

Ah, also is there a set amount of paths so far? Like you have an idea of how many paths you want or is that still all questionable? And how long of a game are you planning to have it. Like a short story, okay length or a really long one? I know its set for Summer so like 3 months how packed full of different things to be able to do? Like story lines for the week and choices a few to make during the week? or many choices throughout the week like a choice a day (like go to the store or library and you pick one something like that) or where you have multiple choices in a day like you pick a place for morning, noon, afternoon, and night (something like that.) Just being curious on all this. :)

For the game, there's going to be 4 set routes and I have the basic outlines for the routes planned. The demo is thoroughly planned out while the overall game routes is basic. My plan is to have an medium length story. For the common route, the first two weeks will be a day to day choice, but then the last week of the common route and rest of the game will be week choices where you pick a few choices through the week. The common route consists of choices on who to visit, who to text/call, and conversation options. The path routes focus on building the relationship and forcing the mc to grow from her problems. No problems! :)
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Hijitoki
Regular

#6 Post by Hijitoki »

Kikaharu wrote: Another question is like what type of problems is there a specific set of problems that the mc has? Or is that like all depends on the answers she picks and stuff. Because of the choices of where to go, the first two weeks are day to day I'm guessing that set for meeting people and learning like what happens there and stuff? Like you are exploring the town, and then when you know it more about it you start having the few week choices of what you want to do.
I'm sorry about that! I didn't mean to message you that. I must have pressed PM by accidentally.

As for the MC, her problem deals with being indecisive about college and career choices, opening herself up to people, and not being critical of herself. This isn't dependent on the answers she picks. Her initial choices deal with meeting new people, learning how to work, and adjusting to the town. The latter choices focus specifically on who the MC chooses and how she develops the relationship with them. Depending on her relationship with them, it will affect her character and growth.
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Kikaharu
Regular

#7 Post by Kikaharu »

As I messaged you back again you didn't pm me it. I pm'ed you and added that so I could look back at it and remember what I all wanted to say.

jascarly123zo
Tumblr: noyozu
Soundcloud: jascarly123zo

#8 Post by jascarly123zo »

for BG artist, is it okay if we can paint over a photo? or should everything be completely original? I've been practicing for a class in school and I'm painting over a scenery but not sure if that's okay with what you're looking for..?

All of my smaller projects have been dumped, but this is a work in progress of my current biggest project: https://app.box.com/s/b6hczottmpjxgdx8p68wy7kjevlct42r

momo-chan201
Tumblr: villager-c

#9 Post by momo-chan201 »

Hi! If you're still looking for writers, I would love to get involved. I'm completely new to making visual novels but definitely willing to learn and this seems like a really interesting project. I don't really have samples writings from VN's but if you'd like, I could send you a write up on any prompt or a sample of fanfictions I've written.

Thanks!

MiddNightRosee

#10 Post by MiddNightRosee »

Hi I'm rather new. I'm writer who would love to help you on your project if the position is still open. I'm currently on summer vacation and would more than happy to assist in the creation of your project. I don't have any visual novels to reference you too, but I can give you this link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/32449166-a ... s-a-friend which is a story I'm currently writing on wattpad. Thank you for your time.
sincerely,
Midnight

also my email is mangedrawer@gmail.com if you wanted to contact me via email.

Hijitoki
Regular

#11 Post by Hijitoki »

jascarly123zo wrote:for BG artist, is it okay if we can paint over a photo? or should everything be completely original? I've been practicing for a class in school and I'm painting over a scenery but not sure if that's okay with what you're looking for..?

All of my smaller projects have been dumped, but this is a work in progress of my current biggest project: https://app.box.com/s/b6hczottmpjxgdx8p68wy7kjevlct42r
Hello there!

Yes! It's simply fine to paint over a picture! And your background is lovely, thank you. :)
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

GuyFromYonder
Projects: "One Last Tear" and "A Lot of Firsts"

#12 Post by GuyFromYonder »

I am a writer that is willing to work for free, so long as my work is credited. I often write narratives, but I am willing to write about anything that you desire. I am free almost any week day. Below, I will be posting two links that lead to samples of of my writings. Please reply or PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Link to "One Last Tear":

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fS- ... sp=sharing

Link to "A Lot of Firsts":

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cjp ... sp=sharing

jascarly123zo
Tumblr: noyozu
Soundcloud: jascarly123zo

#13 Post by jascarly123zo »

Hijitoki wrote:Hello there!

Yes! It's simply fine to paint over a picture! And your background is lovely, thank you. :)
Thank you! Alright then, I'll be free for quite a while so if you decide to have me as an artist, feel free to contact me! I mainly use skype (jascarly123zo) but email is fine too (PM for email please~).

EDIT: I realized my last WIP may have been too vague for you to see any skill or any likeliness so I updated with a more recent WIP with more detail! https://app.box.com/s/cubhowkylz5gougf4rk4aadepdv7nfsj

Hijitoki
Regular

Re: Flowers For Me: Looking for Editor

#14 Post by Hijitoki »

Boosting!
Follow me~ Lucent Catty