Cerulean - Aria-Inspired VN, Looking for Composer [Closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Cerulean - Aria-Inspired VN, Looking for Composer [Closed]

#1 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Edit : We've found a writer and a composer, thanks for those who're willing to help us!

Hello there!
We’re two artists - YuukiCrossPudding and Laniessa - who decided to join SuNoFes, a jam running through July with very lax rules. We want to make an Aria-inspired game about summer and friendship, but as we’re only artists, we’re lacking in other skills. Because of this, we’re searching for additional members to help us make this game. There’s one and a half month left to complete the project!

We’re looking for members who are willing to give new ideas to develop the project further, and this project is a good way to experiment, have fun and create new things! We treasure any sort of creative input and there will be a lot of flexibility in what you can do.

We’re moving from our comfort-zone a bit to experiment with this project, so we’re happy for you to do the same!

Project Details
Our tentative name for the project is Cerulean, because we want the of the story to be cool and refreshing!

Story
Our story concept centers around a girl who moved to a different town to live with her mother three years ago. Despite living in the town for such a long time, she feels like an outsider and has a difficulty in recognizing the town as her ‘home’ - until she meets two people that she ends up making friends with and finds ‘home’ in the people around her.

The game story will revolve around friendship, the concept of ‘home’ and warmth. For now we are 4 characters - one pomeranian, with 3 different endings in our mind. It’s still in an early stage, so we would be thrilled if you have any input and want to develop the story further. The town will be Venice-inspired, surrounded by water, with the story set in a modern-era. Important motifs that we want to evoke will be the ocean and the colour blue.

Graphics
We’re aiming to make a fresh and cute visuals for the game, and it’ll be a short-VN. The graphics will be made in pixel-style, and have clean, and cute feeling in it. An example of what we have so far:

We already have a programmer, proofreader, and all art assets will be made by us!

We’re looking for a writer and a composer.

Writer
As we said before currently the story plot is in an early stage, so it'll need further development and new ideas. So if you decide to help us with writing the story, you will take part to develop the universe of the story!

However, we've already started making the art assets, so you will be relatively limited in that regard, and we can’t change the physical characteristics of the characters. Currently we have 1 male and 2 females, also one little pompom. If time permits us, we want to add more characters in the story, but there is no definite for this.

Composer
We want to achieve a very calm effect with our game, so we’re looking for sweet, calming songs! We’re looking for about 4-5 tracks tops, so if you’re interested, please apply! We know a few vocalists that can help out too, if you would like!

tl;dr; we’re making an Aria-inspired game and we want a writer and a composer!

If you're willing to work with us, we'd be happy to draw art assets for a small project in exchange, like a skill trade!
Last edited by YuukiCrossPudding on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DinosuarGoesRawr
IRC Nick: Akai

Re: Cerulean - Aria-Inspired VN, Looking for Writer + Compos

#2 Post by DinosuarGoesRawr »

I'm relatively new to this sort of thing, but everyone has to start somewhere right?
I understand if you don't want me to be part of the project since i'm new, but if you were so kind to consider, maybe PM details on the characters?
I can try to write a couple scenes for you. :)
I'll be eagerly waiting for your response

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

Re: Cerulean - Aria-Inspired VN, Looking for Writer + Compos

#3 Post by CrimsonMoon »

I like the theme of the story so much, it sounds really warm, the type of VNs that I usually enjoy playing. :D
Sadly, I'm not going to be able to help with writing, but good luck with the project, I hope you can finish it in time for SuNoFes. :D
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: Cerulean - Aria-Inspired VN, Looking for Composer

#4 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

We already have a writer joining our small project, thanks for the interests!

@DinosuarGoesRawr - Thank you, but sorry because the writer position is filled. :"D

@CrimsonMoon We hope we can initiate that warm feelings when you play the VN, and thank you for the support!

@Mod It's alright to lock this topic, thank you!