SuNoFes - Horror Dating Sim Needs Artists!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
CaptainSecretFire

SuNoFes - Horror Dating Sim Needs Artists!

#1 Post by CaptainSecretFire »

Greetings! I found out about SuNoFest yesterday and since then have come up with an idea I'd love to work on over the course of the month. As a student game developer (studying game design at college) and visual novel enthusiast, I've always wanted to do a visual novel game jam, and it's a bit last minute but I figured why not start now?

The Idea:

A typical slice of life dating simulator...with a very dark twist. You play as an unassuming college student looking for a job and romance in the heat of his/her summer break. Throughout the game, questions are raised. All is not as it seems.
Why is your basement a freezer? Why do you don't you ever talk about your ex? Why do you frequent this suspicious cooking forum so much? It's just the story of an everyday cannibal, looking for love and dinner both.
The plan is to have the player oblivious to this, dropping hints along the way of course. If they player doesn't figure it out, it is revealed grotesquely in the endgame. Otherwise, the player has the option to expose the protagonist, by dropping hints and making mistakes.

Currently the team consists of myself (writing, programming, photomanipulation (for backgrounds)), another writer and researcher and a composer. That's three, and no artists!

We're looking for:

A visually creative soul to join us on this endevour. An artist or two to collaborate with.

Specifically sprite art!! Someone to draw and help design the "love interests" specifically, the three of them.

Anything after that is secondary. A few CGs would be nice as well, custom backgrounds and GUI, we'd love to have it all but we're not averse to using open source assets and manipulated photos for backgrounds especially. Either way there will be gore in the writing, if you're not comfortable with gore this probably isn't the project for you!

Anyway:

If anyone is interested in working on this project, please let me know. I'm very flexible and accept all art styles, this project is just for fun, after all. Come, collaborate with us for honour and glory a fun and interesting group project experience! Come make a game with us :D

フリークェンシー
Regular

Re: SuNoFes - Horror Dating Sim Needs Artists!

#2 Post by フリークェンシー »

Hi, I am interested in joining your team and project!!
And I can't stress how much I love horror, so I hope this spot is still open (´・◡・ )∘˚˳°

My art style is a mix of anime and realism [20% Realism + 80% Animu] and I mostly do sprites / special poses
You can check out my basic portfolio here http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=33548
I can do:

☛ Sketches
☛ Lineart
☛ Character Concepts
☛ Sprite Painting

If you have any questions/concerns just reply back as soon as you can or email me at frequencymacne@gmail.com