Looking for artist(s) for our Yuri Game Jam VN [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Carrogath
Regular
Completed: Basiliska, Green Eyed Monster
Tumblr: carrogath

Looking for artist(s) for our Yuri Game Jam VN [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Carrogath »

EDIT: Found our artists! However, if you're looking to help with GUI feel free to contact us.

Hey! KittyKatStar and I are co-writing on a VN project for the Yuri Game Jam. (Which we're also hosting!) The Yuri Game Jam starts September 1st and ends October 31st, so it's a two month jam.

We're open to any art style. Our VN is an affectionate parody of RPGs, particularly of the Euro Fantasy kind.

We're hoping for:
  • 4 sprites (Chosen One, Blacksmith, Mage, Dark Lord)
  • 5 backgrounds (village, forest, mountain, and 2 "this is a definitely a final dungeon!" backgrounds)
  • 3-5 ending CGs. We're still finalizing this, but we'll keep the number low.
  • GUI
We're looking for someone (or people) who would:
  • Be available during the jam session.
  • Loves RPGs or is at least familiar enough with them to know the aesthetics and tropes and have fun with it.
  • Has access to Skype.
Small summary of the plot (sorta):

10,000 years ago, the world was plunged into darkness by a Dark Lord (hence the creative 'Dark' title). However, this evil was defeated by a group of mages who sealed the Dark Lord away. But… there was one flaw to their spell - every 1,000 years or so the seal would weaken like clockwork. Therefore, it was up to a hero - a Chosen One - to collect the Elemental Stones and have them forged in a special sword destined to battle and re-seal the Dark Lord.

The seal is weakening again, and the current Chosen One is entrusted with the task of defeating the Dark Lord. Luckily, she has already gathered the stones and even found a trusty - if grumpy - Blacksmith, and a smart - if snobby - Mage sidekick. However, the camaraderie between them is… a little weak. Will they learn to work together by the time they reach the Seal? Or will the Dark Lord successfully take over the world?

In conclusion this is a light-hearted VN, poking fun at tropes and roles, with some light romance depending on the endings.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Carrogath on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sorani
Veteran

Re: Looking for artist(s) for our Yuri Game Jam VN

#2 Post by sorani »

I LVOE PARODIES but its unfortunate that I'm already working with someone for Yuri Jam, Good Luck finding your artist!

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

#3 Post by Katy133 »

I'm a HUGE fan of Western RPGs (Neverwinter Nights was one of the first games I ever played, and I have two different copies of the D&D Monster Manual). This sounds like such a fun project!

I have a question, how much artistic freedom would the artist get? Do the four characters have to be human (or can they be elven, tieflings, rakshasas/tiger-people, etc)? Besides the Chosen One, do the other three characters have a chosen gender yet?
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#4 Post by annpan »

Fantasy, I like fantasy and I also like rpgs. However, I don't know... How many poses and expressions will there be for each sprite. Clothing sets? The physical appearance? Descriptions of how you imagine the bgs to be like? Medieval structure or just sort of a European architecture? Where does this dungeon appear? I can get it ago if I know this stuff. I have a good knowledge of the things listed to get by.

SwedishJazz
Regular
Tumblr: zeuswares

#5 Post by SwedishJazz »

Sent you a PM!

Carrogath
Regular
Completed: Basiliska, Green Eyed Monster
Tumblr: carrogath

#6 Post by Carrogath »

Hey everyone! While we appreciate everyone's offers, we've found our artists, so this thread is closed. We're open to anyone who wants to help with the GUI, however.
My games:

Basiliska - a fantasy/drama KN
Green Eyed Monster - a VN about ex-magical girls