Project Magic Stardust looking for a BG artist and composer!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ms.Kool-Aid

Project Magic Stardust looking for a BG artist and composer!

#1 Post by Ms.Kool-Aid »

Ok so firstly, thank ya all who checked out my previous post ( http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 59&t=33758 )
thanks to that, after some time i finally got a beautiful and lovely team united wich i ADORE :D we even got a team name already! yay! :lol:

ANYWAYS! now, we are looking for a BG artist, composer and maybe a special effect sounds composer! :lol:
here are the details of the Visual Novel, just a quick list before you read:

Klodlai: a species that looks like the Demons we know, but they are from a different world
Ylfelsie: a species that looks like the Angels we know, but they are from a different world

STORY:
The Klodlai Empire, commanded by their king, Thammuz, is the most feared Empire in the galaxy. they are destroying every single planet that exists, just to be able to create a new one for their people. First, they send a team of 2 to visit the planet disguised as one of the habitants of that planet, so he can learn about the culture, their defences and how can they anihilate them.
Finally, they reach our galaxy and start destroying the planets to replace them with their own planets. but now's the turn of the earth to be destroyed.
The king's daughter, Akasha, is finally old enough to be able to be sent to a mission with her servant, so she is sent to the Earth to learn about the humans. but, because Akasha's powers are way too powerful for the human body to withstand it, she has to store 95% of her powers in a stone, wich will be safe with her father.
She starts living a normal human life, going to school and even befriending some of them.
What they don't know is that the earth is prottected by the Ylfelsie, a celestial race.
What will happen when Akasha, being so young, starts interacting with the humans a little more? will she like them and try to save them? or will she follow her father's orders ignoring what she wants/feels?
What will the Ylfelsie do when they see the princess of the Klodlai in the Earth?

---------------------------------

so basically that's the story! the princess of the Klodlai is finally sent to a mission with her servant to learn about the humans! she starts going to school and even becoming popular on the school! she even has friends! the humans might show her some feeling she has never felt before, because her father is way too cold with her! but she wasn't sent there to make friends or live a normal life, she was sent there to know their weaknesess and how to kill them! will she grow attached to them and betray her father's orders? or will she follow her father's orders and ignore what she wants or feels?

if ya check my previous post, the story changed a lot :lol: but that's because the rules keep being the same! ALL OF THE TEAM MEMBER'S IDEAS ARE TAKEN IN CONSIDERATION! <3

----------------------------------

INFO:
The game is being created in the Ren'Py thingie and the name of the game MIGHT be Akuma No Unmei (Diabolic Destiny) or Kurai Unmei (Dark Destiny) ! the genres would be action, romance, comedy, suspense, drama, mystery, fantasy and a sprinkle of gore on the top of the cake! i know it sound like its a huge mess of genres but TRUST ME, its working out pretty damn good!
the names of the characters are still on discussion, tho the name of the main character (Akasha) and the father (Thammuz) are already official!
We hang out at Slack! there we reunite every single aspect of the game!
Our team is built by the following peoplezz with their respective roles:

- Me A.K.A Ms. Kool-Aid (boss i guess? idk i don't like to be called boss or somethin like that :lol: but i'm the one who reunited us all! im the one in charge of the Story's progress, idea recollection, art, code and music's progress, and all that!)
- Firecat A.K.A the elemental cat (Main in charge of the coding! he's damn good at it and very helpful!)
- Frequencymacne A.K.A windowsne (Main in charge of the art! She sure is DAAAAMN good at it, you really gotta check her art here! http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 62&t=33548 )
- Myran A.K.A the lost guy (Second in charge of the coding! he's damn good as well, also helps with some scenes of the story!)
- Broyi A.K.A the team's pet (Second in charge of the art! he's daaaamn good with the clothing!)

those are the "leaders" on each section, but we ALL help in the story's progress by giving ideas that may or may not be added to the story!

So if ya feel like joining a team who's very relaxed, LOVES what they are doing, contributes to the story, likes to joke and likes to make everyone feel at home, you are more than welcome to join us!
We obviously are doing this for free, as in the example of Frequency, she normally charges for her art, but she decided to join this project for free because she liked the idea! and i really, REALLY appreciate it <3

---------------------------------------------

LIST OF THINGIES:
so this would be our current progress on each category!

Story: 50% done
Code: 70% done
Character Art: 30% done
BG Art: 0% done :cry:
Character Story: 30% done
Music: 0% done, this is ded ATM :cry:
Special Effect Sounds: 0& done, ded as well :cry:

and idk if im missing something! :lol:

-------------------------------------------

LIL CHIT-CHAT:
im really, really proud of what we are building up here. we are kinda disorganized because of our different time zones, but we don't let that stop us! whenever we can, we update on our categories, and when two or three of us are online at the same time, we DAMN SURE take that time to come up with some brilliant ideas to make the story even better!
i really, really love my team's cooperation with my noobish self, since its my first game ever. they have become more than teammates or friends, they are a family to me now <3 so trust me, if ya wanna be part of us and enjoy the creation of OUR VN as much as we do (incluiding you if you decide to join!), be sure that we will welcome you with warm hugs and a cookie or two!

Also, im not specifically looking for just 1 BG Artist or musician, as you can see, i have 2 persons for each category so... take that in mind!

alex.theoto
Regular

Re: Project Magic Stardust looking for a BG artist and compo

#2 Post by alex.theoto »

I see that the storyline got matured from your first post-request. I like this.
I'm searching for a group to learn program language so I'd like to help you in your vn.
Feel free to contact with me via PM.

As for backgrounds and music, we can find from sites with creative common licence.

Lukedoc321
Regular
Projects: Go! Go! Democratic People's Republic of Korea!, Project BEAT
Soundcloud: Luke Dougherty

#3 Post by Lukedoc321 »

If you are in still need of another composer, I'd be willing to help out. Here are some songs I've worked on (even if it may be a different genre than you're looking for, I could give still it a shot): https://soundcloud.com/luke-dougherty-3/sets/portfolio

Ms.Kool-Aid

#4 Post by Ms.Kool-Aid »

Lukedoc321 wrote:If you are in still need of another composer, I'd be willing to help out. Here are some songs I've worked on (even if it may be a different genre than you're looking for, I could give still it a shot): https://soundcloud.com/luke-dougherty-3/sets/portfolio
Holy DARN!!!! OF COURSE we'd love to have one more composer! omg you are so AWESOME!!!

please PM me your email to invite you to our slack group :D

Yoshiii343
Tumblr: yoshiii343
Soundcloud: sredathebreda

#5 Post by Yoshiii343 »

For the record, how many composers do you have now?

alex.theoto
Regular

#6 Post by alex.theoto »

At the moment, we have 3 composers.

Ms.Kool-Aid

#7 Post by Ms.Kool-Aid »

Yoshiii343 wrote:For the record, how many composers do you have now?
yep as alex said, with luke included, we have 3 ATM, why? :D

Yoshiii343
Tumblr: yoshiii343
Soundcloud: sredathebreda

#8 Post by Yoshiii343 »

Ms.Kool-Aid wrote:
Ah, it seems that you have enough composers. I wish ye luck!

Ms.Kool-Aid

#9 Post by Ms.Kool-Aid »

Yoshiii343 wrote:
Ms.Kool-Aid wrote:
Ah, it seems that you have enough composers. I wish ye luck!
thank ya! we are also looking for a pixel artist if ya happen to know one maybe :wink: