Closed / was: GUI and Programmer Needed / Closed

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

Closed / was: GUI and Programmer Needed / Closed

#1 Post by kaleidofish »

Edit: closed now, thanks!

Hello,

I am seeking a GUI artist to create a textbox, main menu screen, save/load screen, preferences screen, "are you sure you want to quit?", and a high score screen. Functional simplicity is key, although I'm open to experimentation. Game is 1366x768. Bonus points to you if you're willing to optimize the game for Android devices (AKA make the buttons and everything BIG).

I am also seeking a programmer who is proficient enough in coding to store scores in a list, and display them on a high score list in ascending order (the lower the score, the better). This high score list must also show the names of the two characters - these are names inputted by the player at the very start of the game.

This is for a short game I made for a class I was in this past summer. The script and structure of the game are complete. It's mainly missing GUI since I had a hard time choosing something that I liked. The high score chart is a bonus I'd like to tack onto it.

Here is a Dropbox link to the demo.

I'm willing to do a skill trade (writing, editing, idea bouncing, whatever) for anyone who helps out with this. I've released a few games. Check out my site for more info about me. Just as a warning, I can't do any heavy duty time commitment projects until after June.
Last edited by kaleidofish on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

Re: GUI and Programmer for Nearly Finished Short Comedy Proj

#2 Post by trooper6 »

Hi, I've downloaded you demo...and glanced over the code. When I get some free time I'm going to make a high score screen...because that really shouldn't take any time at all--it is pretty simple. Once I've done that I'll send the code back to you.

However, looking at your code, I think it could be streamlined some--which would be a fun challenge for me as a programmer...so I might also just play around with streamlining after I've finished the high score screen. I'm going to assume you want the screen accessible from a button on the main menu...so I'm going to do that. I just wanted to let you know I'm working on it--but you can still go get other programmers. I'm just doing it for a bit of fun and practice.

I've added the High Score Screen. You'd have to style it to make it pretty, but it is there.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/381 ... ts%201.zip

When I get time I'm going to see if I can make the overall code more streamlined. But I'm very busy, so I don't know when that will happen.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978