Looking for Background Artists

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
JamesBrownJrVA
Projects: ACE Academy, Seduce Me 2: The Demon War, Erica is Actually a Robot
Organization: Team Mimiru
IRC Nick: teammimiru
Tumblr: jamesbrownjrva
Soundcloud: james-brown-jr-va-ii

Looking for Background Artists

#1 Post by JamesBrownJrVA »

Hello, this is James Brown of Team Mimiru, I am in the middle of creating a cute and funny story called "Mimiru!" We need a background artist to join this team!

About Mimiru:
“Mimiru!”, is an visual novel styled audioplay and is inspired from a wide range of animation, like the anime “Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun,” American animation like “Steven Universe” and the Korean web animation “There She Is!!” with character concepts created as early as 2005. It’s charm relies heavily on the cute and comedic interaction between Kentaro the Cat and Mimiru the Bunny as they attempt to live a normal school life in the town of Suntail that gets stranger with the appearance of a magic book with a connection to Kentaro’s missing family. Comedy, fantasy, and slice-of-life elements permeate the three episode series in production, and should the series continue afterwards, we will be able to expound on them further. Additional characters include the shy and easily startled Jay Blubyrd, the rich and pompous Christina, the absent-minded Mr. Owle, Jay’s parents, James and Janett, and the teachers, like the closet gamer Sam Smaulet and polite and proper Charlotte Annesley.

When the trio of Mimiru, Kentaro and Jay are forced to create a story of fiction based on what they do together during summer vacation, the three head to the oldest library in town for some inspiration and references. However, when they accidentally discover an old book hidden from even the librarian’s knowledge in a secret room, They are whisked away by the it’s magic into what appears to be a mystical winter world! It’s up to the three of them to find out the secret to using the book’s powers to get back home, and it’s connection to the mysterious disappearance of Kentaro’s family over a year ago. All this, while evading the wings of this world’s most powerful user of magic, known only as the Ice Queen, who intends to use the book for her own cold-hearted plans.

Character designs on here: http://teammimiru.wix.com/mimiru#!cast/r88h9. We are looking for someone able to create a style fits these sprite designs. Right now we were have photo manipulated images but we'd really want to avoid this. As I am working on writing, sprite design, social media and working back and forth with our voice actors and composers, I have very little time to design quality backgrounds right now, so this is a must for me to find a creative and fun-loving person willing to join in on the fun.

Right now this project is considered a free project. We do not have a budget for myself or any of the talent working on this project. But the potential is there for paid work in the future once we get this project out there, and future work will be. However, priority will given to those who were willing to help us prior to that, to be fair.

This is a great project with big potential, I hope you consider sending samples of your background work to teammimiru@gmail.com along with the best ways to contact you. Please include a Skype of strongly consider getting one if you do not have one. You can also send questions to this email or here as well (I will be quicker to respond via email though, as I am constantly moving around these days)

Thanks and I hope to hear from you all soon!

JamesBrownJrVA

Re: Looking for Background Artists

#2 Post by JamesBrownJrVA »

Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas!

Feel free to send us any questions here or through our email, teammimiru@gmail.com!

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#3 Post by Ferdokki »

Hi!
I unfortunately don't have a portfolio or anything for background art, but I LOVE "Steven Universe"!
Do you maybe have like a scene or something I could try and draw for you to see if I'm qualified?

JamesBrownJrVA

#4 Post by JamesBrownJrVA »

If you want to create your own background to show as a sample, that is fine. We are looking for a background for a park in the daytime however. I'm very much interested in the style and how it works with the sprite design as in the first post.

Mireielle
Projects: Not Another Cinderella Story, BG art
Tumblr: mireielle
Deviantart: mireielle

#5 Post by Mireielle »

Hello,

Id be interested in being a background artist if you are still looking. Here's my info: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 07#p404207
Freelance Artist for Hire
Anime Portfolio: http://mireielle.deviantart.com/
Work Portfolio: https://www.mireielle.com/