Secrets Untold [Closed For Now] 4.28.18

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

Secrets Untold [Closed For Now] 4.28.18

#1 Post by LegendEx »

Hi! I'm looking for a few people to help me work on my first otome game. The details are below. (I have a WIP thread, just click the link in my signature)

Secrets Untold
A baby was abandoned by her parents when she was born, and left on the steps of Castle Vestis. The life she was originally destined to would never see the light of day. She was raised by the maids in the servants quarters and named Calista. King Rory, despite his valiant efforts, could not keep his son Balder and the orphan from meeting. Eventually, the two fell in love and Balder proposed. It was an outrage to the entire kingdom that the young handsome prince would choose love over status. Tensions only seem to rise as the wedding quickly approaches. Three days before the big day, something goes awry, and Calista finds herself fighting for her freedom amongst a web of deceit. Will she trust the stranger from the feared organization, Shadow, who has come to help her? Or will she remain loyal to the prince? Can she find out who she really is, or will her past remain a secret untold?

The Characters:
Prince Balder: Balder is in a constant struggle between what he wants, and what his kingdom needs. Because of this, he has grown quite comfortable switching between the two sides that have manifested within himself. The royal son of King Rory who cares only for tradition, and the humble man who dismisses the hierarchy. But, once in power, he cannot be both. Which is the real Balder?

Kiran: Kiran is part of a feared organization, The Shadows. They claim that they fight for justice, but are nothing but merciless in the process. He steps in to save Calista, but what are his true intentions? [Romanceable]

Maddox: She is Kiran’s best friend and team mate. She is bubbly and perky, but don’t take that as a sign of weakness. She can turn on you within a moment’s breath. She and Kiran have been working together for years, and because of that, are a lethal tag team.

The script is COMPLETELY written at 101,000 words!

Recruitment:
The demo of Secrets Untold was released recently and it was brought to my attention that there are some grammatical issues that I hadn't picked up on initially. For the full game, I think the project would benefit from having a second pair of eyes to look at the script. Focusing on grammar and how to improve the narrative aspects of the story (descriptions and prose leading up to dialogue mostly, and how the story flows) will be most beneficial to the team. The script is already 100% written, at 101,000 words. Because of the length of the project, I do not have a tight deadline that we're working with. Anyone willing to help must be active on discord.

Please play the demo by clicking the link in my signature so that you can familiarize yourself with the plot and what kind of game this will be. Thank you!

This is a noncommercial game and I cannot offer you payment but I am willing to trade. I proofread, edit and write. I will also publicize your game or services on my game dev blog :p

FOR MORE TIMELY UPDATES PLEASE VISIT MY TWITTER: LEGENDEXG. Thank you ^_^[/color]
Last edited by LegendEx on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 28 times in total.

mavyxdawn
Regular
Github: mavyxdawn
itch: zeillearnings
Discord: _zeil

Re: Secrets Untold- Help Wanted :D

#2 Post by mavyxdawn »

PMd you!

LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay

Re: Secrets Untold- Help Wanted :D

#3 Post by LegendEx »

Updated :D

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: Secrets Untold- VOICE ACTORS NEEDED :D

#4 Post by Ferdokki »

Hey there!
I could try the voice acting for Loretta. I myself have only done prose competition stuff (which I've won), but I don't have anything recorded for you to hear. =/
And if that doesn't work out, I could try being a background artist maybe. What kind of style/scenery were you looking for?

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold: SPRITE ARTIST NEEDED! [Updated 3/28/16]

#5 Post by LegendEx »

My sprite artist had to drop out due to her computer breaking :/ If anyone would like to step in and help me, please let me know!

minh150910
Deviantart: minh150910

Re: Secrets Untold: SPRITE ARTIST NEEDED! [Updated 3/28/16]

#6 Post by minh150910 »

What's your criteria? I can help out with sprite if it's not too rush :)

Have a look at my Deviant and see if you like my style or not :)

I can try figuring out how to draw older character but they may not look very old

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold [Looking for Male Voice Actors]

#7 Post by LegendEx »

Updated. I'm currently looking to cast male voice actors.

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold [Looking for Sprite Artist!]

#8 Post by LegendEx »

Updated! As of May 22nd, 2017 I am in need of a sprite artistl. Check above for the full details.

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold [Looking for Male Voice Actor!] 8.23.17

#9 Post by LegendEx »

As of 8/23/17 I am looking for a voice actor who can work efficiently and as quickly as is reasonable, to play Kiran (the main love interest of the game).

Update: I'm also looking for a programmer.

bradsmithVR
Projects: Hero Siege, Planet Explorers, Animalia Vengeance, Alice in Neverland, Embers of Magic
Deviantart: voicerocker

Re: Secrets Untold [Male Voice Actor Needed] 8.23.17

#10 Post by bradsmithVR »

Sent you a PM!

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold [GUI Artist & Male VA needed] Updated 8.24.17

#11 Post by LegendEx »

Update: Looking for someone who can make a basic GUI for the game :)

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold [GUI Artist needed] Updated 8.29.17

#12 Post by LegendEx »

Male voice casted but I'm still looking for someone who can help with a GUI :)

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold [GUI Artist needed] Updated 9.12.17

#13 Post by LegendEx »

The demo for Secrets Untold is almost completed but I would love to have a custom GUI. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to even approach making one. If someone would like to help, I'd really appreciate it!

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold [Looking for Male Voice Actor] 1.2.18

#14 Post by LegendEx »

One of my voice actors dropped out and I'm looking for someone to play Kiran, the main love interest. Everyone else has recorded their lines for his route, so I just need the star himself :D PM me if interested!

LegendEx
Regular

Re: Secrets Untold [Looking for Script Editor] 4.28.18

#15 Post by LegendEx »

Updated! I'm looking for a script editor that can focus not only on story flow but also proofread for grammatical mistakes. Please check out the demo on my itch.io page by clicking the link in my signature to play the demo if you're interested.