Scattered Notes - Otherwise Completed Yuri Game LF Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

Scattered Notes - Otherwise Completed Yuri Game LF Artist

#1 Post by Raithfyre »

"Scattered Notes" was originally supposed to be an entry in last year's yuri game jam, though things ran a little long. Despite the delay, nearly everything is done - the script, the soundtrack, the backgrounds, the UI. Sadly, the character artist just kinda... disappeared, without finishing things. Rather than let it all go to waste, we're hoping to find a new character artist to help us complete the game.

First off, the links. We have a thread on the WIP section, which you can see here if ya'd like to. There's also a short, one-scene demo of the game which you can grab here. Finally, you can hear the soundtrack, which was released on its own a few days ago, right here. Be warned though - it does have some spoilers for the story, so if you'd like to avoid those, steer clear! Though if you're considering applying, then spoilers are probably inevitable, huh...

So what we need from you, the potential artist, is a handful of sprites and a couple CG's. Spritewise, there are two main characters, whose designs are done, who each need a couple poses and expressions each. Besides the two main girls, there are a few minor characters who only show up once or twice, who need maybe one sprite with a couple expressions. Off the top of my head, I'd say maybe five of those.

There are also about 5 CG's needed, though we could prooooooobably adjust that a bit if need be. Given that we've already run long past the end of the jam's deadline, we're not operating under any particular timeframe right now, so schedule-wise it shouldn't be super harsh.

Thanks for reading! ^.^

SwedishJazz
Regular
Tumblr: zeuswares

Re: Scattered Notes - Otherwise Completed Yuri Game LF Artis

#2 Post by SwedishJazz »

This project looks really nice! I wouldn't mind lending a hand. Feel free to check out my Lemmasoft thread and my artblog to see if you think my style would be a good match!

taiga
Tumblr: taigaryo

#3 Post by taiga »

I just played the demo and read the character descriptions, the story premise is great, I love it! If you're interested, I'd be 100% up for helping with some art for your game.

I have two art styles, one is a paintly style and the other is just normal animu cell shading: painting | animu

Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

#4 Post by Raithfyre »

Heya, thanks to everyone who's applied; we've chosen to work with the artist Shunao for this project. It was a super tough decision because honestly everyone who applied has been super talented, and I'm looking forward to games with your guys' art in the future! ^.^