[A Stroke of Apprehension] Need Proofreaders!- and others

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

[A Stroke of Apprehension] Need Proofreaders!- and others

#1 Post by astrokeofmadness »

I'm need of proofreaders for the games Beta Script. This script wont be completed for a month or so, but I figure I should look now.
What I need from you is a few things-
1- Obvious mistakes in writing
2- mistakes in logic
3- awkward sentences
4- Opinion on the story as a whole

I'm likely only taking 3 proofreaders.
Beta Script length: Guaranteed 8000+, and certainly will be lower than 20k
Turn around time will be rather long, The script will be completed well before the required assets to actually release the beta. Likely a few weeks, up to a month will be given.

Howdy, I'm also in need of music for my visual novel, likely some chill soundtracks, mostly piano, or strings/orchestra style, game info below-

I'm also looking for someone that would be able to take a poem/lyrics I wrote and make a backing track that fits the words. This would obviously be a bit trickier than your standard- make a track situation. I only need 1 song made. This would be free due to the small nature of the project.
Genre would be up for interpretation, although likely folky, acoustic or piano.(mildly sad introspective song)

I'm also open to any other help anyone wishes to provide. This includes:
Proofreading
Editor
UI editing(making the current ui look better with animations/ better designed buttons)
background artists
CG Artists
Music composers

I plan to attempt kickstarter at a later date when the demo is finished, so anyone working on the project would be paid for their help if successful.(proofreaders not included)

Project info available here:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=36774

Thanks!
Last edited by astrokeofmadness on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

astrokeofmadness
Regular

Re: [A Stroke of Apprehension] Music composer- any help is g

#2 Post by astrokeofmadness »

updated some stuff

astrokeofmadness
Regular

Re: [A Stroke of Apprehension] Need Proofreaders!- and other

#3 Post by astrokeofmadness »

need proofreaders for beta script, info above

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#4 Post by Ferdokki »

What kind of artwork style were you looking for backgrounds? How many scenes will there be and what kinds of scenes?
I might be able to help with some of the proofreading as well. Maybe not the entire 8000+ word script, but at least part of it.

astrokeofmadness
Regular

#5 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Ferdokki wrote:What kind of artwork style were you looking for backgrounds? How many scenes will there be and what kinds of scenes?
I might be able to help with some of the proofreading as well. Maybe not the entire 8000+ word script, but at least part of it.
See the examples in the link I posted- All the artwork on the page is done by me, so effectively helpers need to be able to create something similar. Basically not photo conversions, and not 3d renders,and kinda painterly.
I honestly don't know the scene amount for the game since its not really close to done yet. At the moment I can think of a few, Cafeteria, Coffee shop, street, hospital, hospital room, classroom etc. I'm personally working on them on a need to have basis, so I have a proto cafeteria image made already, albeit its currently pretty mleh.

Mostly I need an interior/building background artist. I'm absolutely terrible and slow at working with buildings...

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#6 Post by Ferdokki »

Maybe I'll just stick to proofreading.
PM me whenever you're ready, no rush!

Mireielle
Projects: Not Another Cinderella Story, BG art
Tumblr: mireielle
Deviantart: mireielle

#7 Post by Mireielle »

Hello,

Id be interested in being a background/CG artist if you are still looking. Here's my info: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 07#p404207
Freelance Artist for Hire
Anime Portfolio: http://mireielle.deviantart.com/
Work Portfolio: https://www.mireielle.com/

LuivenX
Projects: Project Beat , Within a Lifetime, Everlasting Hope, To Thaw a Frozen Heart, Project Reality Twist
Github: LuivenX
Soundcloud: Nakamiya Rui

#8 Post by LuivenX »

Hi, I'm interested in proofreading your script :D It's my second language but I've been with it for around 7-8 years.

Thank You :D