[Closed] Looking for a writer! [gxb] [gxg]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
taiga
Tumblr: taigaryo

[Closed] Looking for a writer! [gxb] [gxg]

#1 Post by taiga »

STORY:
(still very much subject to change)
A story following a girl learning to see the world positively. [Protagonist] has always lacked ambition, every
undertaking in her life met with a negative attitude. Inspired by the words of a poem book found in her school
library, a fire ignited within her, the desire to take life into her own hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a complete noob to making visual novels, but I love them to death. This is a labour of love for me, and I want to
be proud of the finished game. The most important part of any visual novel is the story, but my writing just isn't good.
I'd be extremely grateful to have someone turn this story into something better. Even in that small synopsis I wrote I
still have many doubts about it, my intent with this game is to have a simple plot but not something as cliche and
as predictable as what I feel it is right now.

If you're kind enough to help me with this then the work load you'd have is heavily opinion based. Even though I'll provide
you with rough outlines and drafts of the story, you can essentially completely change up scenes to be something you
personally believe works better. I want you to feel as though it's your own story as much as it is mine.

There are still many things I'm learning with Ren'py, so the game will be kinda bare compared to other visual novels
game-play wise, but if you're okay with this and everything else I've said so far, then <3 <333 <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Info/stuff:

**Character design sketches. v
The shorty with the red hair is the protagonist and the other 3 are possible butts to touch. There's one more character
[male] whose design isn't quite done yet. It's the character I'm most hesitant to add because it depends on how the
story will be altered whether or not they'll fit in. None of them have names yet but in order:

Quirky Hairdresser: (19 years old) Hot-tempered, clumsy.
A Cafe Owner: (23+ years old) Mysterious, flirtatious.
Protagonist: (18 years old) gotta be legal.
A Classmate: (18 years old) Calm, friendly, has sad backstory because angsty teenss yo.

**Only finished piece of the GUI. v
**Work in progress. v
**Backgrounds will most likely be free assets painted over.
**Woo free music.

I'm sorry I didn't give more information on the characters and story, it really is still not written. If there's anything you're curious about please PM me.

Thank you!

so nervous pressing submit //cries
Last edited by taiga on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: Looking for a writer! [gxb] [gxg]

#2 Post by runeraccoon »

I really love the logo and the GUI. The characters, based on the sprites, are already very charming. Keep it up, and hopefully your writer will come soon! :D

taiga

#3 Post by taiga »

fuicchi wrote:I really love the logo and the GUI. The characters, based on the sprites, are already very charming. Keep it up, and hopefully your writer will come soon! :D
Ahhh /// <3 Thank you, I hope so!

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#4 Post by Agashi »

Oh, the sprites are so cute! Love the soft colors and lines. The GUI looks nice as well, and you're off to a good start.

With a concept like this, I don't imagine you'll have much trouble enticing a writer onto the project. :D I'd offer to help out myself if I wasn't busily trying to launch my own demo. I'm all about taking simple ideas and doing fun things with them. Hahaha... Good luck with this!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

#5 Post by Seigetsu »

The art assets you have are looking great! And two GxG options? Love that too!

I'd love to write for a project like this, but I'm also very much a noob when it comes to writing visual novels. If you don't mind having someone like me, feel free to contact me by PM. I'd be happy to show you some writing samples if you like.

Best of luck with this project! Can't wait to see it completed.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#6 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I would be very interested in doing this. Should I send you writing samples?
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

taiga

#7 Post by taiga »

Agashi wrote:Oh, the sprites are so cute! Love the soft colors and lines. The GUI looks nice as well, and you're off to a good start.

With a concept like this, I don't imagine you'll have much trouble enticing a writer onto the project. :D I'd offer to help out myself if I wasn't busily trying to launch my own demo. I'm all about taking simple ideas and doing fun things with them. Hahaha... Good luck with this!
Thank you! <3 Good luck with your project as well!

greenace
Regular

#8 Post by greenace »

Hey there!

I'm interested in helping you write this story. It looks really cute, I adore your art style! I really like the option of GxG too.

I'm new to Ren'Py and writing visual novels as well, though I do have some writing experience. I'm currently trying to write my own kinetic visual novel scripts...So I'd love to gain more experience and help you out with this project if you'll have me. I want to experiment with writing a VN with choices too.
I'm also from Australia, so same time zone. :P

I can show you some of my writing too if you wish. ;w;

Thanks!