Locked Souls - Seeking playtesters for demo [Closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
LiamExe
Regular
Projects: Locked Souls
itch: liamexe

Locked Souls - Seeking playtesters for demo [Closed]

#1 Post by LiamExe »

Hiya there!

With my first big demo release of Locked Souls (WIP thread is due for a massive overhaul come the proper demo release) nearing its release, I just wanted to make sure that everything was up to scratch before I release it out to a wider audience, so that there's nothing still lingering that might sour their first experience.

So, I'm looking to enlist a small group of people to go through a rougher version of the demo before its big release (missing several assets still such as sounds, some backgrounds and other finishing touches) and let me know if they run into any issues that might have slipped by me in my haste to get things done.

I've spent countless hours going through it again and again to try and squash any pesky typos or bugs, but I'm sure some are probably still there, and would really appreciate the assistance in squashing them.

The demo is fairly large, containing around ~40,000 words, so depending on reading speed, it might take an hour or two to go through.

I'll appreciate any other feedback on a non-technical level, too, such as feedback on the story, characters and anything else you might feel relevant, though that's entirely optional. Since I'm sure I'll get plenty of that once the demo is released out to the public.

Thank you for your time, and I'll really appreciate anyone that helps, since I'm getting really nervous now with how close I am to finally putting this thing out. : P

If you're interested, either shoot me a PM, or post here. Depending on how many people are interested, I may or may not be able to send copies of the demo to everyone that inquires, as I wish to keep things on a fairly small scale for now. I'll update this thread once I believe I have enough playtesters, too, to avoid any confusion.

Thank yas~

Playtesters have been found, and demos have been sent out! Thanks to all that volunteered~
Last edited by LiamExe on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Project--Writing Services [OPEN]

-LKays
Projects: The Witch
Organization: H A L E .
Deviantart: PaintOfTheWind

Re: Locked Souls - Seeking playtesters for demo

#2 Post by -LKays »

Oooh, that sounds so interesting. I'm curious of the demo. Can I be a playtester? ^-^

LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

#3 Post by LegendEx »

Hi there! I'm working on my own VN at the moment, so I know how frustrating it can be to check things over and over and over again. I'm willing to offer a new set of eyes and let you know what I think of the demo, if you still need help ^_^

LiamExe
Regular

#4 Post by LiamExe »

Hi there, guys!

I am most definitely still looking for playtesters. Thank you both so much~

I'll be sending out links soon either by the end of today, or the next. Just trying to make it as presentable as I can, haha.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#5 Post by MimirollCookie »

Hello! I'm interested!
Can I be a playtester? :D

LiamExe
Regular

#6 Post by LiamExe »

MimirollCookie wrote:Hello! I'm interested!
Can I be a playtester? :D
Yup, that's no problem! Thank yas~

I think I probably have enough people now, so I'll start sending out the download link to you all through PMs. Thanks again, it's a really big help at this last, crucial stage!