Lost in the Drift || Looking for social media manager!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Pryxm

Lost in the Drift || Looking for social media manager!

#1 Post by Pryxm »

Hello all
I'm currently in the midst of creating a visual novel.
The title of it is Lost in the Drift, which is about seven teenagers who are involved in horrible accidents.
They wake up in their "world" called the Drift. From there, they have to find a way to escape the Drift alive. There are creatures that dwell there called phantoms. With each person having a "talent," this shouldn't be too hard of a task, right? Wrong. The Drift is a dangerous realm with illusions to trick the mind. With danger lurking in every shadow, who can you trust? Are they your friends or foes?

I am currently looking for cheap (under $40) or free artist who can create 7-10 sprites with 5-6 expressions, and a few CG's as needed. I would like the art done before payment so the kickstarer would launch, and I would pay from that.

I am also looking for a developer/programmer who can help re-size the screens to fit. I would like to have the logo on the title screen, and I would also like to include "achievements" for steam.

And finally, I am looking for 2-5 more voice actors. Here is what I'm looking for..

Ryan Bosner: Ryan is the flirt of the group. He decides to flirt with anyone and anything that is a female. This leads to him being overly confident in the sense that he finds himself, "able to get any girl." Despite this personality, he is one of the best members. His "given talent" is to see into the darkness, and use the shadows. He can sneak through the plains like a spy and guard the group's den. The shadows alert him of an enemy or threat, so his senses are extremely useful.

Katlyn Stone: Katlyn seems to act more like a guy than a girl, making her a tomboy. She enjoys wearing flannel more than anything. She is mostly seen around Josh. She was taken under his wing when she arrived in the Drift. He had saved her from a pack of "phantoms," the beasts that lurk in the Drift's plains. Katlyn now owes him her life, so she sticks by him in thick and thin to ensure that she is available for service when needed. She usually calms Josh down and persuades him to listen to the other people in the group. Often, the other group members question if the two are an item, but every time they deny.

The other 2-3 would be the antagonists. I also need a minor character done. They have less than 40 lines.
The antagonists would have to sound rough and "mean." There is no distinct look as of now, they would be a distorted human.

Payment is considered - it would be made from kickstarter funds.

Pryxm

Re: Lost in the Drift || Looking for social media manager!

#2 Post by Pryxm »

Updated!

Chen Li

#3 Post by Chen Li »

Hi there. I am an artist.

Your concept sounds quite interesting. My portfolio isn't really fitting at all and I am still developing my skills, tbh. How about you show/ tell me about one of your characters designs, and I'll put together a sprite to give an example? I guess that may be the best way decide if my art is to your liking.

JB Coleman
Regular

#4 Post by JB Coleman »

Hi there I am a voice actor and love to help here's my demo reel https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKXPm9NerA

Jerana
Soundcloud: zirrd

#5 Post by Jerana »

Hi there! I'm a newbie voice actor, but I'm hoping you'll consider me as a voice actor. (PM with dialogue if you want samples, as I don't have any at the moment) I am a tomboy and wear flannel a lot in real life, my voice range is medium-low so I think Katlyn would be a good fit. Thanks! Even if I'm not chosen, I'm still looking forward to playing your VN when it's finished. Good luck!