[NaNoRenO] Needing a CG artist and VAs [FOUND]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

[NaNoRenO] Needing a CG artist and VAs [FOUND]

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

A CG artist and 3 voice actors have been found, thank you!

Hello there! There has been an idea swimming in my head for awhile, and since NaNoRenO is just around the corner, I decided to save it for there and have another game under my team's belt. First of---my visual novel team is called Tofu Sheets Visual. We have one completed project (30 Kilowatt Hours Left, for GameJolt's GDC) and a second on the way (all the writing and most of the VOs are done, just awaiting some more and the CGs before it can be released). And so as of now, I got nothing to write, but NaNo's come so...I'm a quick writer, and intend to write the story in a week--I'll be using pre-made sprites and backgrounds, but I am in need of CGs! As well as voice actors (as only two characters have been cast so far). And no worries, you do not have to officially join my team to help, just letting you know that the game will be presented under this name.

PLOT IDEA:
The idea of the game is about a girl who is attending a former all-boys academy. Because of this, the ratio of boys and girls are vastly different---actually, she's currently the only girl attending the school! There are four boys she talks to frequently who she considers her friends. Some silly and crazy stuff is also going to happen, as well as a little romance, but I won't know 'till I begin writing it in March (I've set aside the first week for writing, but could probably finish it even sooner if all goes well). The game will remain fairly innocent, most likely not exceeding a 13+ rating.

THE CG ARTIST:
- Possibly 5-7 CGs will be needed
- A picture for the main image which will also be used as the promo art
- No need to be extremely detailed! One layer of shading is fine to save time~
- Anime-style art, the sprite assets I intend to use will be Elzee's sprites. You do not need to force yourself to make it too similar, however, so long as it isn't a super-moe style haha. Just show me some examples and I'll let you know~
- What is needed will be asked sometime a week after NaNoRenO has started, and you'll have 2 and a half weeks to finish. Things will be ordered in most important (should be drawn first) and least important, so if any delays happen with certain CGs, the important ones can at least make it in, while the others can be released in an update worst case scenario.

VOICE ACTORS:
- I am currently scouting 2 male voice overs! For the males, one needs to have a deep voice while the other should not.
- You will be given the script about a week after NaNoRenO has started, and will have to record your lines within 2 weeks time--but don't worry--if things happen to come up and any actors are late, I can always release a voiced version later.
- Note that I will also be scouting demo reels at VoiceActingAlliance, so if I find a voice there first and cast, I'll update this thread right away.

And being NaNoRenO, I am sure you guys also know that it is a free project, so all I can offer is credit, plus jams are an excellent experience! (I know I've certainly learned a lot when I competed in my first 72-hour game jam, phew~)

Feel free to either reply to this thread or shoot me a PM if you're interested, or have any questions!
Last edited by Kokoro Hane on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

Re: [NaNoRenO] Needing a CG artist and VAs

#2 Post by Elze »

Hello! Just dropping in to say that I'm really excited about this and thanks for using my CC sprites! I'd sign up to be your CG artist but I'm afraid I've already committed to another Nano project, so I hope you find someone soon. Best of luck! I'll be keeping an eye on this <3

Trina
Regular
Projects: Acidic, All The Pretty Flowers, Evolved: Codex Wars, Cafe Memoria, Yggdrasil, Yin/Yang
Tumblr: @TrinaDeuhart

#3 Post by Trina »

I would love to voice act for you :)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Elze wrote:Hello! Just dropping in to say that I'm really excited about this and thanks for using my CC sprites! I'd sign up to be your CG artist but I'm afraid I've already committed to another Nano project, so I hope you find someone soon. Best of luck! I'll be keeping an eye on this <3
Haha, that is OK---but I hope you will enjoy the little project I am making with your sprites, they're literally perfect for what I intend to write, and I hope you'll love the voices I match to them as well~
Trina wrote:I would love to voice act for you :)
Cool! I'll send ya a PM~
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

demonicbagel
Regular
Projects: The Flower Girl, The Cycle of Magic: Zevair's Tale

#5 Post by demonicbagel »

If I had a good microphone and recording program, I'd give it a shot, though I'm not "officially" a voice actor.
Visual Novel Team's Twitter - https://twitter.com/OHHeartsVN

Our Healing Hearts Tumblr Blog - http://ohheartsvn.tumblr.com/

Avatar- Potato Cow Studios Logo Character by MelowBee

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

demonicbagel wrote:If I had a good microphone and recording program, I'd give it a shot, though I'm not "officially" a voice actor.
Having no prior experience is fine, so long as you are confident and work well with direction, as well as lack of (I like to encourage my VAs to put themselves in the characters' shoes by reading the script as they record so they can respond accordingly). But yes, good mic quality also highly comes into play.
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

JB Coleman
Regular

#7 Post by JB Coleman »

Hi there I am a voice actor and would love to work for you heres my demo reel https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKXPm9NerA

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Kokoro Hane »

JB Coleman wrote:Hi there I am a voice actor and would love to work for you heres my demo reel https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKXPm9NerA
Wow you have a really nice voice and great equipment! I'll be sending you a PM~
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Geist

Re: [NaNoRenO] Needing a CG artist and VAs [FOUND]

#9 Post by Geist »

Shucks, I guess you didn't get the pm I had sent a couple days ago. Oh well, too late now.