(OPEN) Pluto (Fantasy/sifi) Help wanted!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
PurpleTwilight18

(OPEN) Pluto (Fantasy/sifi) Help wanted!

#1 Post by PurpleTwilight18 »

Hi! I've been trying to create a visual novel for a long time, but I can't do it on my own. So I came here to hopefully find people who love stories with dark story lines, SPACE, Lovable characters... and many more things!
PLOT
Pluto is happily the baby of the solar system, but when new regulations force him off the map, how far will he go for revenge? Guide Pluto through his journey and watch him grow into a benevolent savior, or the manifestation of evil. With many choices and as-of-now, three endings, the galaxy's fate is in your hands.
Main Characters
Pluto (YOU):
A cute short planet who is banished for being too small. He can have 3 different personalities.

Void:
An entity that seems harmless, but does he have darker intentions then he says?

Camilla:
The center of the Galaxy, she is wise beyond her years.

Pumillo: *Redacted*
Side Characters
Nix: Pluto's little sister and one of his two Living Moons. She's bubbly and kind.

Hydra: Pluto's Little brother and one of his two Living Moons. He's a sass king, and very rebellious.

Sol: The protector of the Solar System. He's strong, powerful, yet very loving.

Mercury: A blind old woman, yet she's is the quickest out of all of the planets.

Venus: A vain, selfish, yet very beautiful Planet.

Mother Earth: She's a peaceful, loving, calm, and collected Planet, she guards all life on the literal Planet Earth. On Earth, she would be known as Mother Nature.

Katrina: Earth's moon, and the only living moon in the inner solar system. A sweet girl, who wears human clothing.

Mars: A head strong, easily angered Planet. In charge of the battle strategies.

Jupiter: A calm and collected dude. An Overall good Planet. Has a crush on Mother Earth, but can't tell her... so he just protects her.

Saturn: A guru that's easily irritated, he follows rules to a T. And if someone doesn't do as he advises, he'll become angered.

Ura: She's a guitar player, and likes to play it loud.

Neptune: A shy, yet cheerful planet. She loves to meet new comets as they pass by.

And about the help I need, I would like help on the following things:
Music Artist (The types of music we need are from a soft somber type to Rock music)
Background Artist (Interiors, Space landscape, temples, etc)

Taken jobs:
Co-Writer (imprexia)
Programming in Ren'py (Found an outside source)
Artist: (kcici)
Tell me if you have any questions or want to help with the project! ~
And thank you for reading!
Last edited by PurpleTwilight18 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

PurpleTwilight18

Re: (OPEN) Pluto (Fantasy/sifi) Help wanted!

#2 Post by PurpleTwilight18 »

In need of an Artist, too.
Any style welcome, but just not too realistic.

Thanks for reading~

Kcici

#3 Post by Kcici »

Hey! I'm intrigued by your story and I'm sure others are too but I think you need to add more to your description for others to want to help out.

You say you need an artist in your second post so I'm assuming you mean sprite/cg artist. How many sprites, expressions, and illustrations do you expect the artist to draw?

How much of your story is already developed? Do you only have the basic idea of the story? Do you have an outline of the entire story covered or have you already started writing parts of it?

Have you completed any stories before or have evidence of your writing?

How dark do you think the story will be? What are the type of topics that will be covered? What is the general age rating?

Is this a kinetic novel or will there be major story branches and choices to be made?

Any more info you can share might help more people to be interested in helping you out with your game idea.
Good luck with your project! I hope it can come to fruition one day. :>

PurpleTwilight18

#4 Post by PurpleTwilight18 »

Okay, to start with these paragraphs, thank you for the feedback!
And I've chosen to do the art related stuff myself. (Sprites and CG stuff, at least) So all I would need now is a background artist. The reason I changed my mind on getting someone else to do it, is because, well, it's wayy too much work for a free job. I think It would be better if I did it~
But to change the subject, the story is still being written, and ideas are being thrown around by my co writer. It's dark enough to be for 16 and over, but not dark enough to be 18 and over. But I'll have to talk to my Co Writer (Imprexia) about it some more, see if we're going to go darker than we have been. And the Visual Novel will have choices, with three main personality groups to help get/stick you with certain endings, even certain automatic dialogue, but to sum the personalities up, The Joker (The Funny guy), The Hero (The "I'll save you no matter who you are" Guy) And The Machiavellian (The "I don't care about anyone but myself, so die now" guy) I hope this cleared some things up! (If not, ask away! I'll answer any questions you peeps may have~)
And again, thank you for the advice Kcici!

Kcici

#5 Post by Kcici »

Thanks for answering my questions! Things are a lot clearer now. I wish I could help but unfortunately since I'm an artist there's not much else i could offer at the moment since you're good with sprites, and I'm not too confident with backgrounds yet so I don't feel right to offer help with that.
I'm glad you're already filling some of the positions up though! I'll keep a lookout for a WIP thread if you plan to make one. I can't wait to see how this project develops.

PurpleTwilight18

#6 Post by PurpleTwilight18 »

Hi everyone!
We've filled all but two spots on our list~! Now all we need is:
1. A Background Artist (Interiors, Space landscape, temples, etc)
2. A Music Composer (The types of music we need are from a soft somber type to Rock music)
If you're interested, or have questions, email me from the email provided from the original post, OR send me a message here~!
Thank you for reading!

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#7 Post by Ferdokki »

Hey there!

Did you have an example of the background artwork style you were going for?

PurpleTwilight18

#8 Post by PurpleTwilight18 »

Hiya!
Well, the style I was looking for was a kind of a watercolor feel~!
But it doesn't have to be watercolor if we feel it's a better match for the art style!
And thank you for asking a really good question! (I can't believe I didn't add that detail in the main post >.<)
Also, If you have any more questions, ask away! :)

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#9 Post by Ferdokki »

Hmm...I do *some* watercolor, but not with a super intense skill set.
Could you maybe find an internet picture of how detailed you needed the water color work to be?

PurpleTwilight18

#10 Post by PurpleTwilight18 »

This is the amount of watercolor detail I'm looking for~
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.29 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
(But I'm flexible on the exact amount of detail~)

Chrisiscool86
Regular
Projects: Cassandra Acts
Tumblr: bebop-86
Soundcloud: chris-thurman-1

#11 Post by Chrisiscool86 »

Hey! I'd love to be considered for music for this. You can PM me or email me at chris-86@live.com.