Needing "actors" for a kinetic novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
FonaCall
Regular
Projects: Bahay Kubo, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Organization: Black Eared Games
Tumblr: blackearedgames
Deviantart: fonacall
Soundcloud: fona-call

Needing "actors" for a kinetic novel

#1 Post by FonaCall »

Before you ask, what the fuck is this group talking about? Actors? Well, lemme give you all some background info...

What we're gonna do:

We're finally going to work on this small and fun kinetic novel about a news reporter and his work on a certain fluff piece: reviewing a certain popular massage parlor. (It might go a bit slower than most small projects, though, since we're mostly busy with IRL work, but we wanna do this.)

What makes it so fun (and funny) is that one of our friends basically made a one-man audio skit with the above story, with different voices and accents and everything, and we just thought it was comedy gold and we just had to share it (aka. make a kinetic novel around it), hence this.

What we ask of you guys:

Since this is a for fun thing, we figured we don't need to make so much effort on original character designs, and so we would like to borrow either your avatar characters or characters from your games to "play" the few roles we have to offer. No need to have good art on your part, as we will be drawing them in our style. We just need reference pictures and/or documents, preferably with a full body image in color.

Take note that you gotta be okay with slight racist humor and slight sexual innuendo before participating.

Roles will be given on a first come, first serve basis, and there will be no reservations allowed. Even if you post your intent to participate, your entry will only be counted when you give a reference picture and/or document. Also, there will only one "actor" per user, so choose wisely? Hahaha!

What we can give you in return since there's no cash involved:

- Free fan art of you/your character
- Advance listening to the said audio clip
- CREDIT, of course!

Available Roles (descriptions are copied from our idea dump lol):

Reporter - As the name says, he is a reporter for a certain news channel, and he was tasked to be the one to do the segment on the massage parlor. Good luck to the guy.
Owner - Believes in the benefits of the massage parlor he runs. Just not the benefits people would usually expect, though.
Customer 1 - A regular of the massage parlor. She is very convinced that the therapy sessions are doing her wonders. Might need professional help.
Customer 2 - Customer 1's boyfriend. Very much her opposite. Doesn't talk much, but what he says has to be heard and believed.
Customer 1's mom - Fooled Convinced by Customer 1 into paying a lot of cash for utter bullshit getting the massage treatment of a lifetime.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

- Piet
SO MANY GAMES, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

For those who are freelance VN staff and also for those who are VN team leaders, please read this. Inform yourselves. Thank you.

Status: More or less busy with IRL work and finishing a game in time for Halloween Jam in itch.io

Brainstorming for the following:
My Seven Deadly Friends | the rest of the ideas

JB Coleman
Regular

Re: Needing "actors" for a kinetic novel

#2 Post by JB Coleman »

hi there I am a professional voice actor and I'd love join your projects here's my demo https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKXPm9NerA

FonaCall
Regular
Projects: Bahay Kubo, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Organization: Black Eared Games
Tumblr: blackearedgames
Deviantart: fonacall
Soundcloud: fona-call

Re: Needing "actors" for a kinetic novel

#3 Post by FonaCall »

JB Coleman wrote:hi there I am a professional voice actor and I'd love join your projects here's my demo https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKXPm9NerA
Oh wow... oAo

Um, thank you so much for the offer (I'm actually very surprised man), but we're not looking for voice actors for this particular project since it already has one. (This project is going to be based on an audio clip one of our friends made.) We will, however, keep your offer in mind and contact you when we do need voice acting for one of our projects.

We are basically asking people here if we can borrow their characters (either avatar characters or original characters for VNs they have made) so they can "play" the roles of the characters in this kinetic novel. It's pretty much a for fun collaboration thing, and the people will be credited like this:

<role name here> played by <character name here> (created by <username here>)

If you do have a character of yours you want to include, you can still join. Just provide a reference picture or document for your character and the role you want the character to play. That's pretty much it.

I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding.

- Piet
SO MANY GAMES, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

For those who are freelance VN staff and also for those who are VN team leaders, please read this. Inform yourselves. Thank you.

Status: More or less busy with IRL work and finishing a game in time for Halloween Jam in itch.io

Brainstorming for the following:
My Seven Deadly Friends | the rest of the ideas