My Monster Date is looking for partners!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
MelodyKnighton
Regular
Projects: too many
Organization: Los Muertos Studios
Tumblr: MelodyKnighton

My Monster Date is looking for partners!

#1 Post by MelodyKnighton »

Tentative Title: My Monster Date
Tentative Release Date: October 2016
Genre: Romance/Comedy
Hook: Classic movie monsters meets a John Hughes teen movie.

Summary: The player plays as Victoria Frankenstein, a gothy high school senior with lofty ambitions. Victoria comes from a long line of mad scientists and she is one final project away from the school of her dreams: Moreau University. She also needs a date to prom, so why not kill two birds with one stone (which may or may not be an actual step to the creature making process). Victoria decides to make a monster. The actual creation seems to go smoothly but dealing with her monster date afterwards won't be such a walk-in-the-park.

It's Cute! It's Campy! It has Existential Drama!

Characters:
-MC: Victoria Frankenstein
-Love Interests: Vampire Prep (male or female), Werewolf Jock (male or female), Frankenstein's Monster Nerd (male or female)
-NPC's: Rival (male) and BFF (female)

Roles Needed:

-Writer(s): I'm specifically looking for someone who knows their way around some witty dialogue. I'm probably going to be most picky about this because a writer can make-or-break a project. Though, I've already got a professional editor lined up to help you in the later stages, so that should help.

-Programmer(s): This won't be too terribly complicated. Most of it is simple variables and jumps and whatnot, though there are a couple ideas I'd like to add in if you know how. One of which is creating a "quiz" for the player to take at the beginning to determine which monster type they make.

- Composer(s): Mostly ambient music with maybe one opening song. No vocals needed! Whatever you think fits the light hearted (but not too whimsical) tone.

- Misc.: Think you can bring something else to the table? I've got character art and BG's covered but anything other than that would be fantastic. Maybe some help with GUI? Maybe some Social Media? Game Tester?

What I have so far:

Character concepts:
Victoria Frankenstein

Preppy Vampire Girl

BG's

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: My Monster Date is looking for partners!

#2 Post by Zelan »

Hmm, I'm tempted to sign up as a writer, but witty dialogue has never been one of my strong suits... I'm a bit swamped right now anyway, so it might be for the best. I would be willing to sign up as a tester, though! Hit me up once the time comes. Frankenstein is one of my favorite books so this seems pretty cool. owo

MelodyKnighton
Regular

#3 Post by MelodyKnighton »

Zelan wrote:Hmm, I'm tempted to sign up as a writer, but witty dialogue has never been one of my strong suits... I'm a bit swamped right now anyway, so it might be for the best. I would be willing to sign up as a tester, though! Hit me up once the time comes. Frankenstein is one of my favorite books so this seems pretty cool. owo

I'll definitely contact you when we get to that point.

As for the project, we now have a GUI designer, a Programmer, an Artist and an Editor but we can definitely use a talented writer on the team, so if you're interested please let me know. : )

LadyPayne

#4 Post by LadyPayne »

I love this concept and would be interested in writing for it! I can understand why you'd be selective when looking for an author, so if there's a specific type of sample you'd like to see I can put one together or I can send you some of my most recent work.

MelodyKnighton
Regular

#5 Post by MelodyKnighton »

Okay we've got all roles filled other than a Composer and misc things like social media and game testers. There's no real rush on those but if you're interested please let me know. :)

LuivenX
Projects: Project Beat , Within a Lifetime, Everlasting Hope, To Thaw a Frozen Heart, Project Reality Twist
Github: LuivenX
Soundcloud: Nakamiya Rui

#6 Post by LuivenX »

I'm kinda interested being the tester :D

chaostranquility

#7 Post by chaostranquility »

Do you think you'll be putting in some voices? If so, I'm definitely interested in that :) If not - also interested in testing!

FourEyesGirl

#8 Post by FourEyesGirl »

I would love to help voice a character if you are looking for voice actors ^^ If not, I would love to do social media!

Here is my demo reel: https://soundcloud.com/foureyesgirl/vic ... -demo-reel

NinjaFromtheAbyss

#9 Post by NinjaFromtheAbyss »

I would really be interested in voice acting and play testing!!!

Amitte Sukku

#10 Post by Amitte Sukku »

I'm volunteering my translating skills! ^w^

tamacitas
Regular

#11 Post by tamacitas »

if you need beta tester and voice actress, I'm willing to do it o3o

Lukedoc321
Regular
Projects: Go! Go! Democratic People's Republic of Korea!, Project BEAT
Soundcloud: Luke Dougherty

#12 Post by Lukedoc321 »

I'd love to help as a composer! Here is some of my work: https://lukedougherty.myportfolio.com/music

Here in particular is one of my more ambient-sounding songs: https://soundcloud.com/lukedougherty/small-talk-edited

swampie2
Projects: Missing stars
Organization: Somnova

#13 Post by swampie2 »

I'm interested in the writing position!

Here's some of my past work:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2L5g ... 2FEWkprdU0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2L5g ... VBOS3dIZDg

I'd be happy to write an audition piece since these don't really show much witty or clever dialogue, just let me know.

fakhrul
Github: fakhrullah

#14 Post by fakhrul »

How far the game is done? Do this project has Work in Progress (WiP) thread? Do you still need programmer? I think I can do that using RenPy.