The Tale Spinner: Looking for Artists

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

The Tale Spinner: Looking for Artists

#1 Post by crystalscm »

Hello. I am a writer who writes mostly visual novels featuring romance and fantasy elements. Right now, I'm working on a project titled "The Tale Spinner". Currently, I am looking for different types of artists, ranging from sprite to GUI. If you want to work with me on this project, please note that you won't be paid, because this is a free project, and I don't pay when I'm working on free projects (I do for commercial).

ImageSynopsis/Plot
In the modern world, one would consider the existence of gods, goddesses, fairies, and mermaids fantasy. Beings that don't exist. However, there was one time where these beings coexisted with humans. As time passed, humans fought each other more brutally, causing the gods, fairies and mermaids to disperse.

Since then, they were long forgotten. They lived separately from humans for centuries. Gods and goddesses have made their home in the upper world to keep watch over the world and maintain balance. Fairies and mermaids have lived together, but they consider themselves enemies.

However, all of them wish for one thing: to once again be remembered that they- at one point- lived in harmony with humans. With them forgotten, it's impossible though. So, a single human girl was sent; and she will live to tell the tale as the story-teller... also known as the 'Tale Spinner'.

ImageMC & Bachelors
Haley Yuemi
Haley is the main protagonist. She is mature, and always takes care of her younger sister, Ally. She is always serious about anything; she takes jokes serious, so many people enjoy teasing her. She cares deeply for others; she will go through anything to protect those whom are dear to her.

Suelita
A kind water fairy who helps Haley settle in the Holy Forest. He always has a smile on his face, which can make him a little bit hard to read, but his words are kind. However, he holds a dark secret with him... It makes Haley wonder whether his smile is just an act?

Oren
A timid earth fairy who tries to avoid Haley. He doesn't interact with many people, nor does people want to interact with him. After all, rumor has it that he has murdered his sister in cold blood. When Haley asks him, he doesn't deny it. Just what has happened?

Durin
A rogue darkness fairy who is arrogant, not hesitating to state that Haley is only a human. His words are harsh and sometimes even cruel, but one can't help but notice he's hiding something. When Haley spends more time with him, his harsh exterior breaks, and she finds him to actually be...

Jubal
A merman (an enemy to the fairies) who is mischievous. He loves to play pranks on Haley, as he claims her reactions are 'hilarious'. In addition to his mischievousness, he is also a little narcissistic and egoistical. Later though, he shows a darker side... what's it to him?

ImageRecruitment/Requirements
Right now, I am looking for sprite, CG, background, and GUI/logo artists. For the sprite and CG artist, I do expect anime style of artwork. You will have to be experienced with fantasy element drawings (fairies and mermaids), which means the design is somewhat complex (it will require blending of colors).

For background, you will have to do a lot of nature backgrounds (some school backgrounds), and fantasy backgrounds as well (such as a castle under the ocean?)

As for GUI, we can further discuss the design and what to do. However, one of the criteria is that a background image has to be included in the main menu screen. The buttons, hover, and the text box can be discussed with me.

If you would like to be an artist, please send some art samples or your DeviantArt page if you so wish. Maybe both will be better as well. If you would like to be a part of this, please send me a PM to me! Also include your Skype username and Gmail in there as well.

ImageCommunication/General Expectations
Communications will be via Skype. If Skype- by any chance- is lagging, then we will use Discord as an alternative means of communication. Team members will be expected to give biweekly (if not weekly) updates on progress.

Google Drive will be used, so you will have to know how to use it. I can help you, but only to a certain extent can I do that. So having a good knowledge about it will be better. We might also use Trello if needed.

ImageQuestions?
If you have any questions concerning the game and/or if I'm in for other positions, please send me an email at mewlettuce4@gmail.com I will get back to you at three days tops (it will most likely take less than that; three days is the worst case scenario).

Another option is by PM, but I might not reply as fast as when you email me, so just keep that in mind if you want to ask me something via private messaging.

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

Updates (5/23/16)

#2 Post by crystalscm »

1. A sprite artist has joined, and is thus closed for recruitment.
2. I am still looking for CG, BG (CG and BG artist are prioritized), and GUI/logo artist. I may be accepting (assistant?) coders/programmers as well.