[OPEN] when the roses bloom (BG & GUI artist!)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
ash.earl

[OPEN] when the roses bloom (BG & GUI artist!)

#1 Post by ash.earl »

My name is ash.earl, a freelance writer, editor / proofreader, composer / lyricist, and translator. I am looking to form a team for a romance, fantasy and tragedy novel. Right now, it's called when the roses bloom, but it might change later (which is unlikely). So, I'll share the synopsis and character descriptions, and then I'll overview the recruitment positions.

when the roses bloom
Eve is diagnosed with depression after her parents died from an accident when very young. In addition, she has a little bit of schizophrenia. A voice leads her down the deepest depths of the forest, and she doesn’t know what to do, until she meets the people who will grant Eve her final wish.

characters
- Eve: a human girl who tries to be optimistic in her life, but can’t because of severe depression issues. She meets the people who will let her rest in peace, but they can’t do it until Eve has a stronger resolve, but while she’s still living, will something else bloom between her and him?
- Shuzo: a mysterious and seemingly mute Shinigami with a bandage covering the lower half of his face. Nobody knows what has happened to him, and he seems self-conscious about it. Can Eve open up his heart for the first time in centuries and unveil his story?
- Nobuyuki: a Shinigami who has a strange liking towards wacky and clashing things when it comes to color and clothing. He is quite mischievous, and tends to pull pranks that go a little bit too far. Despite that, Eve can’t help but notice something off about him…
- Shou: a somewhat haughty Shinigami who seems to be mysteriously connected to Eve; he knows nearly everything about her, ranging from her name and her history with her parents to her relationship with other people. He likes to tease, but his actions are all genuine.

recruitment positions & workload
background artist: there probably won't be a ton of backgrounds, probably 10 or 15 each with 2 or 3 variations. I'm okay with any style. The resolution of the backgrounds should be 800*600.
gui artist: I'm not looking for complicated, but some degree of fancy is appreciated. I need gui for main screen, load / save screen, quit screen, pref screen, textbox / choices, and side story screen.
programmer: I need someone who can program visual novels, and- if possible- GUI as well. You will need experience in basic Ren'Py functions (including dialogue, transitions, python statements, etc.) at the very least.

If you would like to join, send me a PM or send me an e-mail at animefav154@gmail.com with samples of your previous works of your choice and if you have any questions / feedback, feel free to reply to this thread.

members
- ash.earl (director, writer)
- cloudypie (co-writer)
- akka (sprite and cg, logo artist)
- crytalstellar (editor/proofreader)
- noxkraiser (composer)

current progress
• Eve's character info: 100%
• Shuzo's character info: 100%
• Shou's character info: 100%
• Nobuyuki's character info: 100%
• Profiles: 100%
• Prologue: 100%
• Chapters: 0/20 done
• Endings: 0/2 done
• Sprites: 100%
• CGs: started. / 50%
• BGs: 2/??. (we need someone to do it.)
• Music: 0/10 done.
• GUI: 17%
• Programming: 0%
Last edited by ash.earl on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:11 am, edited 17 times in total.

ash.earl

Re: when the roses bloom - recruiting!

#2 Post by ash.earl »

- i have started the prologue
- i have added three new roles: co-writer, programmer, and voice actors
- however, i am prioritizing any type of artists, be it sprite/CG (this is my utmost priority), background (second), GUI and logo (third priority).
- i have also decided to incorporate more humorous sub stories (3 sub stories), which will appear on the extras scene, and can be read anytime.

akka
Regular
Tumblr: akkalime
Deviantart: akkalime

Re: when the roses bloom - recruiting!

#3 Post by akka »

Hey there! I've sent an email ^^

ash.earl

Re: when the roses bloom (Bacckground & GUI artist!)

#4 Post by ash.earl »

- now that we have a sprite and cg artist, we are prioritizing the background artist and GUI/logo artist. thanks, and we hope to be working with you!
- we're still working on the prologue. once we have at least the background, content, and sprites done, we will release the demo, which will contain (assuming we don't get one before the demo release) a custom gui if we reach the appropriate Kickstarter goal

ash.earl

Re: when the roses bloom (Background & GUI artist!)

#5 Post by ash.earl »

- although the background and gui artist is still being prioritized, we have also added in a position: composer/musician.
- we are still working on the prologue, but we have reached 1k words.
- character sprites are completely done (credits to akka!)

ash.earl

#6 Post by ash.earl »

- there will be slightly less workload for the BG artist position!
- still looking for BG and GUI artists.

bump.

ash.earl

#7 Post by ash.earl »

- we have finished the prologue (unedited)
- cg's are being started! we may post previews, so keep in touch
- we are still looking for background artists (workload is less than listed, i should hope), and we may prioritize composers.
- we are thinking of having more rewards for the Kickstarter (donating a certain amount will get you certain "reward")

bump!

noxkraiser
Soundcloud: FartPenguin

Re: [OPEN] when the roses bloom (BG artist & Composer!)

#8 Post by noxkraiser »

Sent an email about the soundtrack part!

Cheers