[CLOSED] Synthwave Inspired KN Looking for an Artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Shagwrath
Regular
Projects: Shison L, Cosmic Raven
Organization: Progeny Gaming, LLC.
IRC Nick: Shagwrath
Deviantart: shawnbaybo

[CLOSED] Synthwave Inspired KN Looking for an Artist

#1 Post by Shagwrath »

Hello LemmaSoft,

I’m looking for an Artist

ImageThe Project:
My free kinetic novel Cosmic Raven.
I took bits and pieces of what I love and am making a universe of aliens, worlds, histories and language, based off of the retro-futuristic look of 80’s art and the look and sound of synthwave. I’m formatting the novel like a tv show so it's sectioned into 3 acts with 2 short commercial breaks, with fake and relevant advertisements. This is my first VN but not my first game so I’m used to the process and am easy to work with and passionate about what I do. (I’ve made a few android apps, and a few 3D and 2D games in the Unity game engine.)

Please check out this topic if you want to read more about the game and its concept : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=38658&p=420108#p420108 . You can find the script, a current build of the game, see still of the gui and concept art if you are interested.

Note: There is light drug use, profanity, and one scene of nudity. If the subject matter offends you thank you for your interest, but please do not inquire.

ImageThe Work
* 7 Characters and their designs.
* 3-5 expressions depending on model.
* 2-3 poses.
* Work with me to make a few extra poses for event cgs, there would be one nude cg you would need to draw.

I have rough descriptions of 3 of the characters and a good idea of the rest's appearances. I can work with you to design the others if you want, apart from this you can have as much creative control over the characters as you want. You would be drawing 2 alien races, and a robot so bear that in mind. The listed work is really an estimation, but it should not be much more than that. There is no deadline, but I'm looking for someone who will stay in contact and who will make progress (real world circumstances allowing of course.)

ImageThe Progress:
I have been talking with the composer to make the music for the game, I have made the GUI and will be programming the game and making the backgrounds and the movies for the game. I had the script looked over by an editor and am waiting for his write up. Assuming everything is on track, character art, backgrounds and sfx are the only elements left to be worked on.

If you are interested please contact me and please let me see examples of your work, if we move forward from there we can discuss more specifics.

If you have questions feel free to ask me and I hope to meet some amazing people!
Last edited by Shagwrath on Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmic Raven - Episode 1
[KN][Comedy][Sci-Fi][Short][18+]

Shagwrath
Regular
Projects: Shison L, Cosmic Raven
Organization: Progeny Gaming, LLC.
IRC Nick: Shagwrath
Deviantart: shawnbaybo

Re: Synthwave Inspired KN Looking for an Artist

#2 Post by Shagwrath »

Found an artist
Cosmic Raven - Episode 1